Children are having children

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
Polynesia Rail
Watchman

Children are having children Unread post

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 233878.ece

**!!!**

You know, it's not the first time that a child is having a baby...But this time I'm a little bit worried...When you really want to have sex with 13, then it's your decision, but you should use a condom! It sucks to have a child with 13! I don't have a girlfriend, I'm 15. I don't think of sex too much, but when I would have a girlfriend and she would really want it *!*!*!, I'll use a condom...

What do you think? (0!!0)
WPandP
Engineer

Re: Children are having children Unread post

Use more than a condom - use self control! Protect the valuable prize that you can offer to your future wife; you haven't even met her yet, but you can start loving her right now.
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
canis39
Brakeman

Yep, self control and self discipline are good things to learn.

Imagine if we all gave in to every impulse that ran through our heads (no pun intended)...
like fantasy football? check out Goal Line Blitz! http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=28815200'
visit my mini city: http://salt-rock.myminicity.com/
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

In the words of a wise sage "Don't let the little head do the thinking for the big head".
nedfumpkin
CEO

canis39 wrote:Yep, self control and self discipline are good things to learn.

Imagine if we all gave in to every impulse that ran through our heads (no pun intended)...

Isn't that the cause of our current economic turmoil? :)
ostlandr
Brakeman

There were a lot of 16 year old moms and 32 year old grandmothers where I grew up.

My first girlfriend wanted me to get her pregnant, because then Social Services would pay for her to get an apartment so she wouldn't have to put up with her parent's rules any more, and then we could get married. :shock: I told her in no uncertain terms she had it backward- first I get a good job, then an apartment, then we get married, then (once we could afford it) we could start having kids.

She got pregnant not long after we broke up. Her mother actually called me and begged me if there was any chance I was the father to sue for custody, because her daughter wasn't taking very good care of the baby. :-( If there had been any chance, I would have. Unfortunately, the most likely suspect was the FOURTEEN YEAR OLD druggie loser that she was cheating on me with. (She was 19 at the time.) !*00*! :evil:

A guy I used to work with (he was 19 at the time) bragged to me that he had fathered three kids by three different girls. :-x

Oh, and as my wife and I tell our daughter, "Of course we did the things we tell you not to. That's how we know to tell you not to do them." !#2bits#!
Watch this space for Equus Ferrius Corporation's website! Soon to build biomass fueled steam locomotives, and lease a short line. We're going for it!
nedfumpkin
CEO

Where I grew up, in the Montreal area, we had the same types of people, and I also spent time in upstate New York, so I saw it there, and when I move to Ontario, I saw it there too. There is a certain sector of our population that pursues this lifestyle as a choice, and since they are free to pursue their own happiness, we can only complain about the draw on our taxes.

That this story made the news is only surprising if you've been on another planet for the last decade because with the internet, a Kiwi farts in an elevator and a Brit smells it who tells a Yank who blames a Canadian. :) This is the you tube generation where every idiot teenager gets broadcast into the homes of millions. There was a time when a 12 year old knocking up a 14 year old wasn't international news, but a scandal that was kept hush-hush and people were sent away to live with relatives.

But hey, when an unemployed single mother can spend 10 Gs on in vitro fertilization so that she can go from 6 kids to 14 so she gets a kick-ass SS cheque, nothing surprises me anymore.
canis39
Brakeman

Much like everything else, I think it comes down to parenting. If you're brought up with the right messages as a kid, you are less likely to think to yourself "hey, having a kid at 16 would be great because I could get on welfare" or whatever.
like fantasy football? check out Goal Line Blitz! http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=28815200'
visit my mini city: http://salt-rock.myminicity.com/
KevinL
Dispatcher

You need a license to prove you can handle a car, go hunting, or go fishing, but any two idiots can make a baby with no training, experience, or financial ability. Why is that?

I'd love to see mandatory sterlization, and parenting licenses required before you can have a baby, but I'm afraid that's too much like Democrat thinking.
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
Stoker
Engineer

What your talking about is called Eugenics Kevin, and was one of the bastions of a form of government called Nazism. Do you really want YOUR choices to be made by some twisted individual or even worse a computer? Or do you think that totalitarian control of peoples lives should apply only to OTHERS ? Conning people into believing that these draconian measures are only going to be applied to OTHERS is the mainstay of implementing a totalitarian government. Once they haul away or sterilize your neighbors, there is nothing to stop them from doing the same thing to YOU. You might want to brush up on history before you go clamoring for a Nazi system of government.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
KevinL
Dispatcher

I didnt say I expected it to happen, only that I found it strange we need to prove we're capable of handling a car or truck, yet nobody cares if we're capable of raising a child.

Me personally, I am allergic to children and have chosen not to have any. And I do wish more people would think about the consequences before having children, but sadly, so few people think about consequences of their actions these days.
Gwizz
CEO

There is a master law being battered around by Congress with parts of it already in place. It says the government will have a partnership with you in raising your kids.
They will say what you can teach them, how to discipline them and how many kids you can have, etc. etc. These things are not really very new in the world. They just want to put them all together in one bill for the US people to follow.
If the government design is not followed than the kids will have the right to bring a complaint against their parents. No doubt, a lot of lawyers will vote for this.
KevinL
Dispatcher

Gwizz wrote:There is a master law being battered around by Congress with parts of it already in place. It says the government will have a partnership with you in raising your kids.
They will say what you can teach them, how to discipline them and ....
We already have that. Its called Public School. :roll: