Don't Mess with SC Zoo Cru

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
nedfumpkin
CEO

Don't Mess with SC Zoo Cru Unread post

Some obvious things about this article: the Zoo Cru are covering for each other and not likely to talk. This was either a hit, or it was personal. Sounds like the victim is being tken into protective custody. Must be a state's witness on some Cru crime. :)

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/090612/K061204AU.html

Gorilla escapes and injures worker at S.C. zoo, then returns to enclosure after 5 minutes
Published: Friday, June 12, 2009 | 3:48 PM ET
Canadian Press Pete Iacobelli, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A gorilla escaped his enclosure Friday at a South Carolina zoo and injured a worker before returning to his holding area on his own about five minutes later.

The food service worker, an employee of Aramark Corp., was treated at a hospital and released, said company spokesman Dan Smith. Aramark runs the cafeterias at the Riverbanks Zoo and Garden. Smith declined to identify the worker or talk about the person's injuries.

The zoo was packed with day care groups and visitors, who were ushered to indoor exhibits or outside the gates for about 45 minutes after the gorilla escaped, spokeswoman Lindsay Burke said.

The gorilla got out about a half-hour after the zoo's 9 a.m. opening and returned to the gated sleeping area connected to his outdoor enclosure, which is separated from the public by different barriers in different spots, including mesh and plexiglass.

A second of three gorillas in the exhibit also went into the sleeping area when the escaped animal returned, but it took 40 minutes to coax a third male into the holding area, Burke said.

Burke said officials were unsure which of the zoo's three western lowland gorillas got free. Early reports blamed a 16-year-old male named Mike. Also in the exhibit are 24-year-old Chaka and 15-year-old Kimya.

Teresa Todd, the owner of Cayce Gymnastics, had a group of 10 children ready to enter when the zoo was locked down.

She considered returning home but, like most visitors, said they were unfazed.

"We had fun. It's been a good day," Todd said.
Knave
Conductor

Re: Don't Mess with SC Zoo Cru Unread post

I really want everybody to know that I'm sorry for what I'm about to do. I just can't stop myself.

So, Ned. You think there was some monkey business going on at the zoo??
Never, Never, Never give up. Winston Churchill
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Re: Don't Mess with SC Zoo Cru Unread post

^**lylgh !**fldwn! !!clap!!