Baby Girl Got Married!

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
Knave
Conductor

Baby Girl Got Married! Unread post

Well, boys, it finally happened. My Baby Girl got married. The whole shindig went off very well. It had a Renaissance theme to it. Which meant young people with swords. And it was held out at Hidden Lake, miles away from anywhere. So we had to bring everything in with us. A tent so the women had a place to change into their green velvet dresses. A screened gazebo so Patty could finish the cake. The men in the party only had to change shirts. We had to wear a flowing white shirt with a sash. We were quite the sight . Especially the young men with swords strapped to their back. We got stares from the fishermen as we walked by. Followed by laughter. The charcoal barbecue was brought to heat the food. I spent one full day slow cooking a brisket. A real shame I didn't take a picture of it as it had a darn good bark to it. I also spent a day cooking ribs. I was proud of them as I did take a picture. The brisket went over very well I might add. Patty spent a week making the roses from gum paste. Two days baking the cake and putting the filling and frosting on it. She decided to finish assembling it out there. So we loaded it into Elder Son's Exploder and told him to drive slow over the gravel road. Which he did. However the dowels holding up the second layer jiggled loose allowing the cake to collapse. She did what she could to set things right. But it was to no avail. The Kids had two cakes. One large and one small. They cut the cake with one of the swords. In Alaska you can get a permit that allows a person who doesn't normally have the authority to perform a marriage, to perform the duty. The friend who did this for them did it right. This guy did some acting in collage and took Latin as his language. It being renaissance themed he fashioned a monks robe for the ceremony. He began with the Lords Prayer in Latin. The vows Baby Girl found on line. Although they were not the traditional vows they still spoke to the traditional values. Something Fireballs Grandmother noticed and approved of. Baby girl broke tradition though in one area. She didn't have a Maid of honor. She had a man of Honor. He Was a sport! The one thing the Father of the Bride noticed was they spoke their vows like they meant them.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/t ... ds1000.jpg feel free to flip thru the whole thing.
Never, Never, Never give up. Winston Churchill
thegrindre
Engineer

Re: Baby Girl Got Married! Unread post

Congratulations! Pretty cool... !*th_up*!

Ummmmmmm, love those ribs!!!

(0!!0)
a.k.a. Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Now that looks like it was a really cool wedding. I love the theme. !*th_up*!

When my wife and I got married it was at the foot of a mountain, out in the woods so I can especially appreciate the setting.
Hawk
Gwizz
CEO

Wow. The wedding was prepared for bear.

You must of got a deal on those good looking swords.

Congratulations on gaining another member of the family.
Knave
Conductor

Thanks Rick, I usually prefer Ribs over Brisket. I didn't get to try the brisket until the next day. It was my finest brisket ever. After saying that I have to add that The Wife makes the rub.

Thanks Hawk. When I was told of the theme I was waiting for a bunch of new age B.S. What they did with it was anything but. We have had a lousy summer here. Lots of rain. I asked Baby Girl where she was having the wedding if it was storming. She told me she was having it at the lake if they had to tie each other to trees. It rained the day before and the day after the wedding. Great timing!! Hidden Lake is where we prefer to go camping and boating. Lots of good memories for her.

Thanks Jerry. As a matter of fact, we were prepared for bear. Fireball brought his shotgun and I brought my handgun. I have a Rossi double barreled coach gun with external hammers. However I felt it was cliche to bring it. The dresses, shirts swords, bracers and doublet all was ordered on line. The swords were quite cheap,really. And well made. All the men bought their own. I was TOLD I couldn't have one!! To get to the changing tent you walked past the boat ramp down a dirt trail, through the amphitheater and up a paved trail. Turn left at the second bear scat and you are there!

When she started to bring boys home to met the 'rents, the nickname I gave them gave her an idea what I thought. Road kill didn't last to long. Fireball got his when he set himself on fire pouring gas on a campfire. The Wife wouldn't let me call him Over Educated Idiot. So Fireball it was. I suppose I can start calling him Husband Number One!!

Incidentally, the tall blond with his hair in a braid is my Elder son.
wsherrick
Engineer

I enjoyed the pictures and you really lucked out with the weather. I keep up with Alaska weather and I've heard that termination dust has already been spotted. Get ready for what is probably shaping up to be a memorable winter. !*00*!
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Knave wrote:I suppose I can start calling him Husband Number One!!
So long as your daughter doesn't call him Husband Number One! :lol: Great pictures - I never knew the weather got so sunny in Alaska, looks better than it is here though that's not saying much.
Thanks for sharing these with us, and congratulations all round!
Knave
Conductor

Thank you William! We did luck out with the weather. Despite what the Weather Man predicts, sometimes you just have to go out for yourself to see what it is doing. We are expecting a snow winter. Twenty years ago we had two of those back to back. It seem to me we had over five foot of accumulation on the roof when the snow turned to rain. The news had reports of roofs collapsing due to the load on them. We shoveled snow for three days to get it off. We had to actually shovel the roof twice as it was snowing again before we were done the first time. We had nothing else to do as the road to our house hadn't been plowed, we couldn't get out. I tried once, but the 4 wheel drive Chevy Suburban got high centered at the end of the drive way. Once again, having canned salmon kept us fed. The second year we got started keeping the load off the roof sooner and it was much easier that way.

Thank you Ruth! The Kids have been together for four years now. Baby Girl grew up around my sense of humor. And is used to it being dry. Fireball knows I think the world of him. He has always treated my Daughter with the utmost respect. Even when he isn't being watched. She had options. When her Mother and I got together, it was me or one of her boy cousins. Small town. The Wife says I have to put a JK with that last statement although I usually don't do that and let people get the joke....or don't.