I guess I was wrong

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

I guess I was wrong Unread post

A few weeks before last November's election I observed that gasoline prices seemed to have dropped significantly from their record highs during the summer. I speculated that it was a ploy by Big Oil to placate the citizenry and bolster the chances of the then majority party to maintain their majority in the Congress. I said that the temporary lowering of prices would vaporize soon after the election, and that we would be back to the $3.00/gallon range that was seen over the summer.

Well, I'll have to eat my hat on this one because prices have remained relatively low since then. It was $1.99/gallon over the weekend at several stations here in East Lansing. With the current "warm" spell in the northern states, the demand for fuel oil is much lower than last year, and I suspect that gas prices will remain low, at least for the time being.

So much for my great insight into the workings of the petroleum market. :oops: :oops:
Knave
Conductor

Unread post

You weren't the only one to think that. Don't worry about it. And don't stop watching them either.
Never, Never, Never give up. Winston Churchill
davion76
Watchman

Unread post

Naw, you were right Rat, bush just kept them lower long enough to keep his support high enough to put his "surge" plan into operation :lol: J/K
Eb Zane
Watchman

not the market Unread post

While the prices were going up and down like a roller coaster in the US they remained with in about a ten cents spread here in German. Does that mean anything??? I don't know but.................

EZ
MountainMan
Cat

Unread post

Means Germany is smarter than we are? :roll: