Status 2006/12/18: 1.06 patch

A private forum for those folks working on patches for RRT3.
milo
Engineer

Status 2006/12/18: 1.06 patch Unread post

Sorry, job search and Christmas are taking up most of my free time. The real work should start happening in January.
  • I have a few fixes for bulldozed rails, but there's a condition where two rail cells can point to the same piece of rail that's giving me trouble. May have to tackle this problem from the rail-building side rather than the rail-destroying side. Test case: bulldoze rail across more than one territory at once.
  • I've upgraded the patch utility code. Since there will be a lot of different patchlevels floating around until we finish testing, I wanted to make sure none of us end up with corrupted installations. For now, leaning toward using a full installer even for test code, as not everyone here is comfortable using the command shell, but that means fewer test builds and farther apart.
  • I want to get at least an early version of the 'ship at a loss' code out before I leave for the East Coast next weekend. Not sure there'll be time. Next time you hear from me after that will probably be 2007.
milo
Engineer

Unread post

Ran out of time, sorry - first ship-at-a-loss test probably won't be out until January. On the positive side, job search is going well; might be able to wrap that up early next month.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
bombardiere
Dispatcher

Unread post

Yep, I get the feeling. Busy in many fronts.

Ship at loss sounds great. I have been relatively quiet about this patch, because I don't personally have any vision on how the game should be modded. But there has been great ideas around and I wait eagerly what will happen.