1.06 Subproject: Fixing Tests for Deliveries to/from Cities

A private forum for those folks working on patches for RRT3.
milo
Engineer

1.06 Subproject: Fixing Tests for Deliveries to/from Cities Unread post

Unless I missed something, this one looks as if it may be a documentation problem.
  • A territory is considered connected if it has a station within its boundaries and track leading to at least one other station.
  • A city is considered connected if a station's gather range includes the economic square containing the city 'marker', and if that station has track leading to at least one other station. If the station is placed properly, '(Connected)' shows up under the city name - but that indicates only that the station is close enough to the city, not that there's a rail connection anywhere else.
  • Deliveries have to be to territories, not cities.
The problem comes when a delivery territory doesn't include the entire 5x5 economic area surrounding the city marker. If someone builds a large station in one of the uncovered squares, the city will show up as 'Connected', but deliveries to that station will not count toward the goal.

Solution (which I think most of you already found): Use territory connection tests if you need to verify that a delivery station is in the right place, and if possible make the territory visible. Use city connection tests only if you want to verify that the railway has made it to that location.
Lama
Brakeman

Unread post

I don't think this needs to be patched, since most map-makers seem to have caught on to that problem.