New Cargo alpha uploaded

A private forum for those folks working on patches for RRT3.
milo
Engineer

Unread post

Got the patch installer to set up new cargos and patch RT3.lng correctly. I'll try to add your buildings next, and then patch existing buildings to add new cargo production chains. Hoping for another beta release late this weekend.

At some point we should start talking about how packs are going to work. Since I wasn't able to increase resource limits much, we're gonna have to be able to swap packs in and out of the Data directory, preferably on a per-scenario basis. I think a wrapper like the Civ IV approach might work, but if that's what we choose, I probably should add command-line options to RT3.EXE to launch scenario X at difficulty level Y using Z AI players in game/sandbox/edit mode W.
bombardiere
Dispatcher

Unread post

Edit: Someone recently made this in Blender and it featured in the gallery: CLICK ME
Yes. A nice looking British EM2 (Dutch know this as Class 1500) I would like to add that to "my collection."
:wink:
Is it OK if I hack the definition of your building a bit? Sand is a skin, not a cargo, and can't be specified as an input directly.
I didn't know that. :oops: Yes go ahead. Do you need any help with other files?
At some point we should start talking about how packs are going to work

Yes I am listening. I would leave it after the Patch, but if there is something to do with exe I guess we need to do it now.
milo
Engineer

Unread post

*sigh* Beta 5 is slipping, surprise. Wasted a day and a half trying to catch a double-click event on the cargo screen to pop up a cargo rename dialog. No luck. New ETA might be Thursday night?
pure al
Dispatcher

Unread post

How's it going Milo?
milo
Engineer

Unread post

Not good. I've unintentionally reverse-engineered about half of the user interface code while trying to find a way to plug in the cargo-skinning dialog. Tricky bit is that that whole panel is constructed pretty much on the fly. Finally found a way that might work late last night; next decision is how much work to put into the selection dialog itself. What I want to do is adapt the change-portrait/change-logo dialog for cargos as well.

I'm afraid you guys might have time enough for the rest of the first round of buildings. It's going slow.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

There's a saying that's used quite frequently in the MSTS community.

Back-Up :!: Back-Up :!: Back-Up :!:

OK! So my humor and timing aren't the best in the world. :mrgreen:
Hawk
milo
Engineer

Unread post

Why do you think I include the source every time we release something? :lol: