1.06 Subproject: Fixing 'Deactivate Owner' Instabilities

A private forum for those folks working on patches for RRT3.
milo
Engineer

1.06 Subproject: Fixing 'Deactivate Owner' Instabilities Unread post

I've dealt with the CTD on the owner screen after owners get deactivated. There's still a bug in that the screen doesn't rebuild itself to reflect the new owner group available; haven't figured out how to do that in code yet, but it's easy enough manually to flip away from the screen and back to it.

My guess is that there are more places that need to be patched, though. There's a location storing the current 'active player' that can easily have an illegal or incorrect value after an owner is deactivated, and I haven't found a clean way to update it.
JSS
Brakeman

Unread post

Milo, I have a proposition for you. With all of your abilities I would like you to become part of my family. My sister is looking to get married again and if you are not too choosy it’s a done deal. With your smarts and my admiration for you, you will fit right in.

This chairman problem caused me a lot of grief on the SCBC map and I had to find a workaround for it. Whenever I tried to remove an A.I. player it was a CtD.

So your fix will work on maps made pre patch. Right?
The man who has no imagination has no wings. (Muhammad Ali)
milo
Engineer

Unread post

JSS wrote:Milo, I have a proposition for you. With all of your abilities I would like you to become part of my family. My sister is looking to get married again and if you are not too choosy it’s a done deal. With your smarts and my admiration for you, you will fit right in.
:lol: If you'd offered that deal to the original developers, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess!
So your fix will work on maps made pre patch. Right?
Absolutely. It wasn't a problem with the stored scenario, it was just a circumstance that the original programmer hadn't thought of. The code that redraws the owner screen wasn't able to cope with a decreased number of owners. It still doesn't, really, but the patch will at least get it to give up gracefully.