Attetnion Milo. Documentation!!!!!

A private forum for those folks working on patches for RRT3.
bombardiere
Dispatcher

Attetnion Milo. Documentation!!!!! Unread post

I can so daft time to time :oops:

I have constantly forgotten an issue which could affect the Patch play. If one wants to install all the loco updates, s/he will need Ctc expansion pack or the game will crash while in play.

This doesn’t matter with standalone engines (new engines), but to those updates for existing engines which CJ made. Because updates include at least P8 and A1, and the Loco pack provides engine files for those, but not skins and 3D. I was lurking at the German forum, and a person described a CTD, which sounded that it could be caused because lack of the expansion pack.

May be this should read in big red letters in somewhere the documentation-
milo
Engineer

Unread post

The patch requires 1.05 to begin with, but I'll expand the requirements to include CtC. Good catch.
milo
Engineer

Unread post

BTW, how are you doing on your part of the documentation? I have a couple of volunteers from Molse's forum who are ready to start translating to German, and I've been holding off on making changes to the installer (e.g. removing Prairie) until you'd decided on a plan for how future loco packs would work. It probably won't be hard to remove sections, but if you want to add any locomotives or change the descriptions of existing ones, you might want to get the new text out in the next few days.
bombardiere
Dispatcher

Unread post

Bad I am afraid :( My new job consumes most of my time.

I have made up my mind with locomotives. It is going to be the one at the open part at this forum. Minus Hudson (I save that for possible American engine pack) and plus Sm2 EMU. (available at this site.)

I have made a new loco chart according these changes. My new profiles turned out not to be as good as I hoped, but may be slightly better than previously.

I am stuck with Engine describtions. I have improved some, but I may need help engine describtions. Perhaps some of these Germans could help, especially with German engines. And my new and improved pictures turned out to be worse than you used.

Plus!!! I have new skins for GP7 Double and GP40-2 courtesy of 80_meadows. I have still problems with Double's profile view. Can't get it fixed.

I'll send everything I have straight away to your email box. (I was going to do so anyway) Please ask questions when my though process leaves you puzzled. :roll: