Things that should not get patched

A private forum for those folks working on patches for RRT3.
Lama
Brakeman

Things that should not get patched Unread post

ECONOMIC MODEL
• be able to run railroad without investing in industry (JSS, CJNyfalt) [90%,C?S,hours] - Probably fixable in scenario - disable industry build/buy, cut price of rails and engines
Exactly – this can be adjusted by the player with one event. Besides, this is something entirely dependent on the scenario. In many scenarios, the income from industry is essential; in others, it is not; in yet others, it is unavailable, b/c buying and building industry is disabled. This should be left to scenario-makers.
• add management overhead related to number of stations (CJNyfalt) [90%,S,hours] - Fixable in scenario
The overhead works fine as it is (keyed to past performance). If you feel like paying more overhead, you can always add an event to that effect.
• reduce industry profits relative to railroad profits (CJNyfalt, Orange46) [90%,S,hours] - Fixable in scenario
I concur with that.
• be able to transfer company/personal wealth through campaign scenarios (Grandma Ruth) [20%,C,days] - Doable… but frankly the problem's often too >much< money, not too little
Imho, this would mess with scenario balance in the campaign scenarios.
• bring back rate wars from RT1 (ExpressWorld) [60%,CS,weeks] - more complicated than I thought, but still almost entirely doable through events
The rate war in RT1 ended with one company getting kicked out of town. One of the good things about RT2/3 is that multiple companies can have stations in the same town – much more realistic.
What I’d rather see, is to give the AI the ability to connect to a town that already has a station, and to build his own station there.

OPERATIONS
• add option to disable 'any freight'/'any express' consists (dj) [30%,C,days]
We do not need a patch for this – it is entirely up to the player not to use these options!