Europe_English VII

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Europe_English VII Unread post

Hey People,

If you want to just 'play', and for a "long time", and have a lot of computer memory, this scenario could be your "cup of tea".

There isn't any deadline for the Gold, but it can only be gotten with 1M loads. Well, there is also the suggestion to become a "billionaire". And that is not that simple, as there is only pass/mail available. No industry for cargoes. So that makes short hauls beneficial, although the major hauls or demands of 8, are in cities on the other side of the map. That means a lot of trains running all over the map

Now my inquiry comes to this. Every country requires an access fee. So you know that game. And although I had acquired some of the AIs with controling stock, and having purchased access of several countries,I did manage to pick up a 'liquidated' AI. And this is the inquiry:

The company in question has a split railway system in 2 different countries. And I don't know if that makes a difference. However, when I finalized the purchase, the complete map became accessible without any fees.

Any comments?

Ray of Sunshine **!!!**
Orange46
Dispatcher

Re: Europe_English VII Unread post

I just started this scenario two days ago. I'm not sure if I'll play to a million, but so far I'm into Egypt, Russia, Spain and all in between and have played about 12-14 years. My version doesn't have AI's (are they optional?).

I didn't think that yocould get access if you purchased an AI company, so its interesting that you gained access to all of the AI's companies (presumably that's the entire map). I hope this isn't a general problem, as it would mess up my latest map.
Quality is Job 1.01
RayofSunshine
CEO

The AIs are optional, as I ""invited"" 7 of them along for the ride Orange 46,

And YES, that purchase of a liquidated railway coincidentially gave me access to the complete map. I believe at the time I had not purchased access to Africa, Italy, russia, England, Norway, Denmark, and had just laid tracks to the cities in Hungry, making my way to Beruit.

I might have a problem to complete the 1M loads as well, as I do not believe that I have an adequate amount of computer memory. ( I don't remember how much, but I had the same problem with DAW, and got bumped off after an amount of play.)

Ray of Sunshine
belbincolne
Engineer

Even on Expert I found this Scenario so easy that I'd entered every country and had so much money that there was nothing left to do long before I'd carried a million loads so just gave up on it. Never bothered adding AIs so cant comment on that.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=940&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15
Orange46: With any luck, this will be a link to the thread about "Baffania" - you do purchase access rights when you purchase a company, as I discovered. There's a screenshot there which shows how to set it up so access is denied. If it doesn't make sense (and it doesn't make that much sense to me right this minute), why not download "The Zany Land of Baffania" and have a look at it in the Editor? I know you're not having too much luck with downloading, uploading, sidewinding and whatever but if you can do it, I'm sure it'll help. :lol:
"I will not take 'but' for an answer" - Langston Hughes
RayofSunshine
CEO

With a Gold goal of 1M loads hauled,

It could take some time. There are very few cities into which I do not operate, with 350 trains operating. So, now I just let the game run and update the engines each year. Well a couple dozen each year at least. But the goal doesn't materialize very fast. Not with the roller coaster economy which continues to change after 1900. I am somewhat dubious about that crash in the 1920s. Especially If it is worse than the crashes already incountered. Certainly cuts down on the loads being hauled, of which I keep a consist of 1 min and 5 max with a 'dining' car. May run out of computer memory before I get to be a billionaire as well, although I keep selecting an adequate amount of dividend with the changes of the economy. But it is fun.

Ray of Sunshine
Orange46
Dispatcher

I'm taking a break. I'm connected to everything with substations around huge cites to pick up the suburban traffic and yet I'm not quite halfway there. I've been running it on fast and super fast while looking for underserved stations (too numerous to count), double tracking and upgrading stations. I've gone full electric and have so much money that I can upgrade the entire fleet whenever a better electric comes out. At over 6,000 cargoes a year, it would take almost 100 years to finish. Maybe I'll try some more after I do some other stuff. It is neat seeing all of the traffic, however.
Quality is Job 1.01