Deutschlong

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Deutschlong Unread post

The following text is a compilation of what was salvaged from the old Gathering Forum. It contains postings from several different people.
Thanks goes out to Wolverine for putting this all together.

Hawk

Deutschlong
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's another one by Molse, for those of you fancying long scenarios: 90 years of peace and war in Germany
New features:
1) additional to the medal goals, you will have to pass 3 deadlines. If you fail them, you lose (game over).
2) embedded transport knowledge quiz : gain some pocket money with each correct answer
Beware, for you are running business in a country that will lose two wars. You think you'll get off scot-free? we'll see..
Download from Cyberrail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't download anything from Cyberrail. I hope the map gets posted at H&P.
You need to register & log on at Cyberail before you can download.
I just got the map no problemo, lord knows when I'll play it though, I have a backlog of maps building up while I struggle to master K's 4 city mind breaker!
Thanks, but I did register and login a couple of weeks ago but I still get the red circle thing. I'll try again, though, in case I did something wrong. It's still a tiresome business where H&P makes it nice and simple.
Which one, BTW, is K's 4-city map? Is that the really huge one that just came out?
I don't think my machine can handle that one.
Yeh it's called Grand Bay 1 & is a new form of torture for the RRT3 purist. My system is steam driven but it still runs it, pause to zoom & pan & reduce graphics settings as much as possible. Everybody should try this map, misery loves company!
Try right click/save as in Cyberail that may get you thru
Sorry but in my opinion this is a poorly done scenario.
After playing twice up to loose event 3 and loosing both times due to not enough cargo why even waste my time on further atempts.
This could be a great scenario as it has some real good points. But unfortunatly the lack of loads on the map and a haulage requirement relegate it to the poor category.
There are plenty of loads on the map but you really have to use industry as well. My latest attempt is going well after 15 years as I seem to have discovered the correct combination of expansion rate & industry.
It's a tough map for sure but that's what some of us want, as opposed to the connect cities quick enough and you're guaranteed gold type scenario.
That occurs after some 70 odd years of playing. Both times there was not enough of the required load on the map to meet the condition. So basically it did not matter what I did I had lost. While this may be realistic I do not want this kind of realism in my pastimes. I need atleast a chance to win, and faliure should rest on my shoulders alone.
I still think this could be one of the great scenarios other than the lack of loads for loose event 3 and the pretty much ho-hum period betweeen the wars.
I have to agree it is probably too hard for the average player, I just got a fixation about beating it. I'm going to edit it & add 4 more cities then see how that pans out.
Ah grasshopper you give in too early. There are 101 cities in Germany.
BTW I edited on the last time to get around the last loose so I can check the medal requirments.
umm, you may not be talking about the same scenario here as kriss. there is no lose event in grand bay 1 and there are no load requirements. the only game goal in grand bay 1 is to connect all the major cities. you maybe thinking of one of my others, like big cliff or something? that one has load requirements.
Iwas refering to the scenario in the tittle of this thread.
Bauxite becomes available ~ 1910. Check the warehouses and port on Bornholm Island.
Those plus whatever other loads I could get total up to a big whopping 36 by the deadline.
I had a warehouse and a port on Bornholm. In 1910 both started supplying 6 loads of bauxite per year. I put a aluminium mill down by the Russian border and had four dedicated trains running bauxite down there.
By the time Joe opened the border in 1946, I had 30+ loads stacked up at this mill and more on the way. I shut down this mill, opened another across the border, and had a shuttle train running the stuff over the line. I met the bauxite requirement before the end of 1946.
No problem!
Problem!!
Got whupped. Did all right until I went deep into the red in order to buy into Austria. Then, of course, some of my trains started crashing, and I couldn't replace them, income dropped, stayed in debt, more trains crashed- etc bah! etc.
This is a very, very, nifty scenario. and I highly recommend it. Going to take another shot at it tomorrow.
One small quibble: I think the game could use another challenge sometime between 1910 and 1945.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: Deutschlong Unread post

I am really surprised that there are not more players attempting to meet the challenges of this sceanrio. My attempt ended in a ""malfunction"" as my vision has deteriorated to visualize objects with this deep a green terrain. Hence I went into the Editor and painted a lighter hue. However, some where along the tranposing, and/or saving it, I made a mistake, and the active played scenario got overwritten, and hence instead of the date being that of 1898, it reverted or defaulted back to 1877. I could have continued, but the ledger showed that I had only played 1 year. That would be a real ""cheat"", as all the tracks, trains, and purchased endustry were still active. *!*!*!
So, although other players are having a problem with acquiring the load goal, I have, restarted the scenario, but this time, I changed the terrain color for better visiion, prior to playing. It is an interesting and challenging scenario, and well worth the test. My biggest problem with these ""territories"" is their exuberant access fees. !hairpull!

Don't see too much 'strategies', so maybe it is just too hard for us lessor Tycoons. **!!!**
Just a lot of fun to try for the Gold. :salute:
RayofSunshine
CEO

Nothing unusal, as I am having a problem get getting access to Russia. All the requirements thru 1919 have been completed, and the notice to haul 50 loads of Bauxite to Russia, but that is the final, and after 2 years, no change and no access. I even purchased the access of $10M to Belgium, which doesn't have anything of importance that I can see, but thought that it may trigger getting the access to Russia. **!!!**

The access to Borhorn and Malmoe was cnn to that main land in order to get the weapons and troops, so that isn't part of the problem. *!*!*!

Any suggestions?
RayofSunshine
CEO

With all the threads previous, has anyone actually completed this scenario? As mentioned in my previous thread, I believe that I had completed all the requirements as a notice appeared to authorize access to Russia and the requirement of hauling 50 bauxite. Nothing happened after 2 years.

Now as I am trying again, I notice that the requirement to haul 25 each of troops and weapons doesn't accummulate. SO, is this a hidden requirement, that 25 of each has to be hauled within a given year, in order to gain that authorized acdess to Russia?

Would like some comments, and any would be appreciated.
Sugus
Engineer

I played it in june 2009 on easy (only, after two tries on normal) and got gold in 1958. I slightly remember the hard way, but - because I normally do not make any notes or annotations while playing RT3 scenarios - I can't yet post any helpful hints. If required, I had to do it once more :oops: (sometimes) with a white paper on the desk and a pencil hold by my left ear ...
There's no business like RT business ...
herecy
Cat

I am for some reason having the problem that I can not purchase any industries? !hairpull!
Therefore I am unable to fulfill the requirements of deadline 2.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?
Sugus
Engineer

Listen, herecy: it was simply in the sense of the author (Molse), that - in this scenario - you were not allowed to buy any industries! For this reason, you have to do it by trying other ways ... ^**lylgh
There's no business like RT business ...
HerrPanzer

I just started this scenario and I added a few Ais on the start panel to make it a little more challenging but a few years in I noticed that there is no "attempt merger" button. Is this because the scenario was designed for single play without AIs or is it something that will be enabled later in the map? I like the roadblocks the AI can be to unfettered expansion, but if I can't merge at all I would want to restart. I also noticed that I cannot personally buy stock on margin. Do either buying on margin or merging with Ai companies become enabled later in the scenario?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Yes! Both merging with AI companies and buying stock on margin are disabled in this scenario. You would have to go into the editor and remove the check marks from those in the Special Conditions section of the editor to be able to do both.
If you do, I would suggest saving the map with a different name so you don't mess up the original or affect the terrain painting.
Hawk
kifre

really nice map; needed three attempts, but finally it turned out to be pretty easy and i finished in 1956, with 1,5 pnw, on expert.
had some luck with res however. the point probably was to build up industries in the southwest early in the game, even with low or even negative profit rates, to prevent farmes and mines to disappear(some did anyway), so that there are enough loads available to hoal to switzerland (since i lacked them in the first two approaches). added some medium-long distance trains to disperse res away from the rich north (east) to the rest of the map for the same reason, and to make the trains there a bit more profitable.