The small stuff

RRT3 Map & Scenario Strategies and Beta Test Reviews.
Eb Zane
Watchman

The small stuff Unread post

I'd like to know how others run their R&R.

Do you cover two towns, such as St Paul/Minn with one large station of do you us two stations? I have done both, only advantage seems to be cutting down the traffic.

When do you upgrade trains? I usually use the ten year cut

How many cars are your trains pulling? I usually load them up, even the Norris/Planets have 5-8 wagons. Really doesn't seem to cut down on game play and of course the profit that some first runs bring in are sky hi.

How do you route trains for three stations?

If stations are one star or more then I do A>B>C>A and a second C> B>A>C.
It might be a bit early but I Wish all of you a Merry Christmas and especially a Happy New Year :o

PB
belbincolne
Engineer

Unread post

I normally connect two towns with one station if possible - if you have to connect every town as an objective it counts as two so thats o/k.

To start with I always try to have 3 towns connected and run A-B-C-B. Later if I'm farm hauling (where A is town and rest farms) I have B-A-C-A-D-A but thisn't necessarily best because some goods make there way overland whilst waiting for next train. (I also have minimum consist 2 from farm 0 back to it)

I only upgrade trains after 20 years - and then only if vastly cost effective (or if old train is now a lot less profitable) some scenarios that works - others makes no difference. Don't think the trains efficiency changes due to age but passenger/goods appeal definitely does.

I also load pretty high - but remember that last wagon may only be bringing in an extra $1 revenue so not worth loss of speed if that drops off a lot.