Hibirnia II.-Map for testing

RRT3 Map & Scenario Strategies and Beta Test Reviews.
arop
Dispatcher

Hibirnia II.-Map for testing Unread post

I have changed the map "Hibirnia" so much, with new features and more cities and changed win conditions, that I found it better to call it Hibirnia II. Any comments and suggestions are welcome!
Attachments
HIBIRNIA II.rar
(4.69 MiB) Downloaded 283 times
arop
Dispatcher

Re: Hibirnia II.-Map for testing Unread post

:oops: :oops: WARNING! I have made a blunder: Go to the editor: events-the event "cities connected"-effect: remove the effect "company cash -5 mill.". It's a leftover from the former version of the map when I copied the event and forgot to remove the effect. I apologize :oops: :oops:
brunom
Dispatcher

I downloaded and was about to try it, running on 1.05, but it doesn't appear on the list.

I am assuming you create your maps in a 1.06 install, even when not using 1.06 cargo... Or maybe it's something else and it's just on my machine.

will try to create a second installment for 1.06 now
** EDIT **: yep, that was it

I wonder if most map-creators realize that if they use 1.06 to make a map it will become invisible for 1.05, even if they don't use 1.06 cargo/buildings..

B
Hawk
The Big Dawg

brunom wrote:I wonder if most map-creators realize that if they use 1.06 to make a map it will become invisible for 1.05, even if they don't use 1.06 cargo/buildings..

B
I'm sure most, if not all, of the members that have been around for a while know this.

arop just forgot to mention it required 1.06. ;-)
Hawk
brunom
Dispatcher

:) yes, very probably

Sometimes I have this tendency to be the know-it-all. Just put me in my place, I take no offense *!*!*!

As for the map, I gave it a quick try, Arop, but just like you did with the Portugal map, the "lines" are so obvious that it takes a little bit of the fun. Will run a proper game soon and let you know my thoughts on it.
I'm also working on a scenario myself, so will divide my attention between the two.

B
arop
Dispatcher

:!: Hereby I submit an updated version of Hibirnia II, called Hibirnia IIa. What's new? I have fixed some minor bugs, AND removed the PLATINIUM win option, while I couldn't make it work properly. Having another test play, starting in 1875, I hit the gold in 1947, recieved the steel bonus in 1918 and had the demanded 200 loads of machinery in 1924, and in 1925 the electric production was sufficient to gain access to build electric locomotives !*th_up*! .
About Brunom's comment, I will say that It's my concept having even small villages on my my maps along the routes between major junctions and cities. I find, that RRT3 is more than BIG RAILROADING with huge engines. I love intermediate stations, running stopping trains and slow freights and small rural lines with a mixed train a day as much as huge expresses and fast freights between major cities. I don't care, that some local trains doesn't make a profit, I use them as feeders for the more important ones, just like in the real world :-) .
Attachments
HIBIRNIA IIa.rar
(4.68 MiB) Downloaded 273 times
brunom
Dispatcher

Tested the version prior to this one, as I had the game started already. Everything works fine and playability is smooth. The game yields easy profit, so expansion and money issues aren't a problem at all. I started with plotting textile mills right where the ports with cotton supply were, since they had demand for clothing as well (you might want to address this if you have a concern over the scenario being too easy). This made the game pretty easy (apart one major setback I will refer to in a minute..), since I did pretty well in expert level at first try.

All bonuses were achieved, and funnily the first was the machinery one. Electricity took longer because I just didn't think of using Oil for PowerPlants as well, and I only had a few plants close to the coal basin. Still I think my first 1970-electric-locomotive was running around 1900 (again, an electric loco from the 30's would make the scenario less easy).

I reached all gold targets but one in about 1915. Company Book Value was my big problem on this one, as it refused to go up. After struggling with a floating CBV for ten years, with over 100 trains, half the country's industry already bought and all towns (nearly) connected, I decided to call it a day. My low-voltage laptop was already having trouble computing it all in real time. This printscreen below is the end of the test.
hibirnia_endoftest.jpg
As for my comment, Arop, I like using all kinds of trains as well, and I tend to connect to every town in the map most of the times. I think, however, that towns don't have the tendency to align themselves in a straight line between two major cities.. that was all I was criticizing. More commonly they lie at river side, bottom of a mountain, middle of plains, close to a natural harbour, etc. But feel free to create as you like, I take pleasure in that freedom as well.