Heartland Heaven

Scenario reviews, strategies, problems, and play technique.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Heartland Heaven Unread post

*!*!*! Well fellas,

I am just trying to figure out the "workings" of this scenario. Actually, I believe that this was a previous thread, but am unable to find it. Nothing new for an old folk.

Anyway, the requirements are gradually thru the Bronze at 10 and Silver at 12, then the 14 for Gold, to start new companies in 25 years. Sounds easy?

But to complicate the operations, a player cannot haul more passengers than any of the competitors/new companies. The idea is to mainly haul industrial commodities, and the reason is to acquire a min of $10M IP.

However, the goal for at least Gold is CBV of $80M and PNV of $80M. Sounds easy?

The trick is to be able to have $100 each time, to start another company. But if you save to acquire the $100, you don't buy stock, which is your PNV for the $80M.

During this time, you have to have revenue to both upgrade you present operations, as well as attain the CBV of $80.

ALLLL """not so easy""".

Could use some help. Maybe direct me to that prior thread. :salute:

Ray of Sunshine
loco_motive
Cat

Re: Heartland Heaven Unread post

Try the thread of the same name at The Terminal in the Maps section of the forum. It was recently bumped by a spam post so you can spot it on the first page for now. Also it fell into a period of unbelievably high downloading, suspected fake considering we only had a handful of people that were still playing.

The first criterion for gold is that you must start a new company every 2 years, so if you don't succeed in starting a new company in year 3, you cannot get gold. I believe you will need to use the "stop the trains" technique, not so much in order to get the new company, but rather to be rich enough to be able to get back into your original company by subsequent selling and buying of shares. Also the general public will not be nearly so willing to put up cash as they were with your first company so you will need quite a bit more than $100K to start a viable company. This will very well require some trial and error, so saves are important.

There may be other legitimate facets of the gameplay that are well-known to some players but not know at all to others. Some to be discovered by observation and some to be realized by puzzle-solving. Some of these will be helpful but I don't know if they will be critical to winning.

Quarterly autosaves and annual saves are recommended, as well as saves before trying anything critical. A saved starting position is also a good idea for reasons that will become obvious.
-----------------------------------------------------------

As I said at The Terminal:

I think its probably a hard but not complicated scenario, and it is meant to have a few problem areas.

The onus is on accumulating high-yielding industry for a while and then loading up with all the lower-yielding industry you can find. Meet these goals and the company hauling and other financial goals pretty well take care of themselves.

At the same time you must start a new company every 2 years and get a high PNW.

This one has a bit of alcohol in the south. Make sure you have some on the map as you'll be needing it by and by.

I turned off dividend paying by AI's, and made a couple other small changes.
-----------------------------------------------------------
RayofSunshine
CEO

Okay Loco-motive,

I will give the "terminal" scenario a try.

I do a lot of "saving", so that isn't a problem. However, I did run into a problem with "starting a new company". Managed to get a good start with industries for no.1 company, and then started no.2. BUT, a few months into playing, I got a message pretaining to "having started a 2nd company" and got fired. **!!!**

Ray of Sunshine
loco_motive
Cat

Ray of Sunshine wrote:I will give the "terminal" scenario a try.
I am always surprised to find RRT2'ers not registered at both sites. Maybe you misspoke thread as scenario, but just for certainty, the scenarios are both the same.
a few months into playing, I got a message pretaining to "having started a 2nd company" and got fired. **!!!**
:-) Did you miss the restrictions in the briefing? I think I give one warning when not in your original company over month-end, after that you're out. It's not an easy scenario. Probably wise to have the regular PopTop Heartland scenario well under control before trying this variation.