Penn.Milk Run

Scenario reviews, strategies, problems, and play technique.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Penn.Milk Run Unread post

:?: Me again,

And I seem to be the only one both playing RRT2 and having problems.

Anyway, this scenario is one of the great imagination of Gwizz, and very interesting and challenging as usual. However I evidently am not playing it well.

In the "difficult or normal" version, the challenge is to haul a specified loads of milk from a "corporation" type milk companies. Simple? Not really, as your revenue is based on only the loads of milk ""from"" these 4 selected areas. There is a further restriction of not hauling ""any pass or mail OR any milk"" from all your competitors companies. BUT yoy can haul other of their products, which is limited, and lessor revenue.

Another object is to enhance your milk production by hauling 'grain', but that is also restricted to being ""less"" than the loads of milk hauled.

My problem is this: I have haul from 2-6 milk

from Milk Is to Yocum
from Moe's to Edon
from Mike's to Kralltown
from Mutte's to Johnstown. And on return haul logs, coal, and grain.

The destinations of the milk is, I believe, in the areas of #6 and #7, per requirement.
However, after 2 years, I am getting a running total of the grain, but only credited for
2 milk loads to both #6 and #7.

SO, what am I doing incorrectly?

Ray of Sunshine
Gwizz
CEO

Re: Penn.Milk Run Unread post

Someone called this a puzzle map. I guess in a way it is.
It is so easy to haul too much grain or haul milk from the wrong place.

I used designated trains hauling from one of the 5 correct dairies territories 3 milk cargos to a city station. Then the same train hauled two grain cargos on the return trip.
I took care not to connect these trains to AI company trackage as they can affect the counts.
If I remember correctly, drop shipping could also cause a problem with the counts. So I didn't cross territories boundaries with cargo that was to be drop shipped.
RayofSunshine
CEO

:?: Well Gwizz,

That answers some of the problems. But that doesn't really answer my problems.
I have not connected to any AI trackage. And I don't "drop" cargoes. Just haul milk, grain, and whatever commodity is permissible. eg. I have 23 grain, and 2 milk after 2 years of hauling between 1-6 milk.

Now, are Yocum, Woodside, Elizabeth, Eden, Kralltown, Detters, and Johnstown in the #6 or #7 areas, as these are the cities into which I have hauled the most milk. I do see the territories for the Milk Companies, and a Terr.#5, but no designation for the 6-7.

I did notice that George Town, as far as remembering, did not add the milk hauled. But I did not that there is a town just over a territory line from Yocum, which did add to the milk totals.

Oh, thanks for your input.

Ray of Sunshine
Gwizz
CEO

Mitch owns the River Boat Milk Company. The Big Five Milk Company is the new Company and includes his 4 new partners.
Together they only serve the customers in the North and South River territories. This is stated in dialogs #1 and #2
You will only get credit for deliveries to these two Territories.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Okay Gwizz,

And I read the dialogs again, and find that I had not purchased right-of-way in one of the areas, and only the N and S Blockaded zones.

But I have yet to find where area #7 is located. But will keep 'chugging' away. It is a very interesting scenario, as usual.

Thanks for not only your suggestions, but also your imaginative scenarios.

Ray of Sunshine :salute:
Gwizz
CEO

Territories 6 and 7 are both on the river. South at one end and North at the other end. They are the last two on the territory list. By the way there was a milk war that used the Railroads to haul milk from distance dairies when local dairies refused to sell milk to a local milk distributor, I'm not sure if it was in Pennsylvania or not.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Those "corner" partners are really some trackage to help the situation Gwizz,

But I have found that the other cargoes than milk and grain for the total loads really help to fill the quota/requirements. Mostly the logs which convert to milk at the ports. But I found a depot/city, which had produce, and a grain field enroute, to make a spur to a distillery, and then haul alcohol to a town for disposal. Really piles/totals up fast.

Just chugging around and believe that I have the handle on the territories of 6 & 7.

I think that I encountered a little glitch, which was the only 1 after a dozen years. I watch the loads and generally switch/add commodities. However, I did get a notice of penalty that I had hauled a competitors milk. But the scenario being a computer operation, it is not surprising that something like this could 'accidently' happen.

Thanks again for the info and suggestions.

Ray of Sunshine :salute: