Seattle Billionaire

Scenario reviews, strategies, problems, and play technique.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Seattle Billionaire Unread post

There must be a reason that there are 6 engines "blocked" at the Renton Mil.Road Depot. I do notice that there are 2 AIs parked there as well, even though the supply shows both a few pass and mail. **!!!**

My question is how do I get my engines released from that depot? I have tried to direct them to both an AI depot, as well as my depots, to the extent of either none or adding a caboose.

Ray of Sunshine

Oh yah, is there still a block for the e-mails gong to Hawk's regular address for AOL members server?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Seattle Billionaire Unread post

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Oh yah, is there still a block for the e-mails gong to Hawk's regular address for AOL members server?
There shouldn't be. Have you tried emailing me lately? I have received emails from others using AOL.
Hawk
Gwizz
CEO

There must be a reason that there are 6 engines "blocked" at the Renton Mil.Road Depot. I do notice that there are 2 AIs parked there as well, even though the supply shows both a few pass and mail.

My question is how do I get my engines released from that depot? I have tried to direct them to both an AI depot, as well as my depots, to the extent of either none or adding a caboose.
When I find a station with this problem and an AI train is among the mix, I stop all my trains and let the AI leave. If that doesn't work I change the direction of each train, one at a time.
I have also bypassed a station with another station and left only one way out for all trains at the old station and let the trains resolve their own differences.
You could try unloading your train that has the number of car required and is trying to leave at the same time an AI train is leaving.

If they are still jambed tight I first start deleting trains without a cargo load.
Of course the last resort is to delete all stuck trains or just disconnect that station.
Rarely have I had to go that far to unclog a station.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well Gwizz,

I may have to just delete those engines at the Reton Mil. Road, as mentioned, there ""are"" a few "supply" pass and mail shown at the depot, but neither of the AIs are taking them. I would believe that the railroad, which owns the depot, would get first access, but that is not the case. Both AIs just set there, even after a couple years.

And although I may have the controlling stock, I don't have the extensive revenue to merge either of them. Hence as stated, I tried both to run the engine empty, and also with just a caboose. No action in any of these cases.

But thanks for the suggestion and info.

Ray of Sunshine
RayofSunshine
CEO

Okay Gwizz,

After checking my revenues, I ran an adequate number of trains to get a sufficient amount to buy the Milwaukee/Peugot Railroad, even though their debt put me into the debt catagory, figuring that I could get out of that debt in a couple years with all the trains which I would have at my disposal. Now I not only have realeased those/my engines stuck at the Reton Mil. Depot, but also their fleet as well.

Now the fun begins.

Ray of Sunshine :salute:
RayofSunshine
CEO

Okay Gwizz,

After a number of experimental tries, I find the my 7 engines are being held in bondage at the Renton Mil Road. sort of. I merged with the Chicago and Peugot, only to get severl million dollars in 'bond' debts. However at a later chrmanship, I find that 1 of the Chi and Peugot engines pull into the depot, get several pass loads but "blocks" themselves, as there isn't any destination. Hence it blocks everyone else as well.

Ray of Sunshine
Gwizz
CEO

....there isn't any destination....
That may be the reason for the hiccup at that station.
RayofSunshine
CEO

So Everone,

The only way to get those/your engines out of the Reton Mil. Raod/Depot, is to either merge or that over the Chrmnship. I am not completely certain, as I tried so many different avenues and times restarting this scenario, that either a Chrmnship or Merge with the Northern Pacific also resulted in the engine releases, as I believe that an NP engine was "first in line" before the Chi/Peogut engine arrived at the station.

Ray of Sunshine
KevinL
Dispatcher

Wow, I've never heard of trains getting stuck at a station like that.

Usually when that happens on my scenerios it means I missed a section of track and I have a break somewhere that I need to find. The train text will say "cant reach next station."
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
RayofSunshine
CEO

Maybe I sent this to the wrong thread,

But I did find that the engine/train, which was clogging the depot traffic, did not have a further destination, once it reached the Reton Mil. Road depot. And seeing that my engines were already being blocked by another AI engine, which might also not had a destination, the AI owing the Chi & Peugot depot, just added to the problem.

As for a 'break' in the rails, this was not the case, as this scenario already had all the track laid. Also, the indicator showed "blocked", rather than "can't reach destination".

This is a real test of wit, thanks to the imagination of Gwizz. Wonder when he sleeps, as his mind keeps coming up with some unique creations.

Ray of Sunshine ::!**!
RayofSunshine
CEO

So Gwizz,

I am finnally getting back to these threads after more experiments.

Was it your intention to not include a destination for the engines at the Reton Mil Road Depot? Sort of adding to the puzzle? Not only my engines, but also the Chicago & Peugot, plus the NP are in the same condition. No destination.

Unless it was not intentional, do you believe that you will amend the situation? *!*!*!

Ray of Sunshine
Gwizz
CEO

I don't remember the theme of that map. I made around 100 maps. I do remember that it was the first map where my company made a Billion dollars, thus the name of the map. I normally have a story line but also I often left some things to be discovered. I also would try to match real history on most maps. I was Often told my maps were puzzle maps. I did try to melt the two things together in a map. I have a feeling the trains without a station was planned that way. But, having the trains get stuck was not common.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well Gwizz,

I have played most all your scenarios with defiance, that I can earn the Gold. Even though I don't always get that result, I do find your scenarios very interesting and a challenge. We, of the lesser imaginative, appreciate your endeavor and hope that you continue to give us more challenges with your imagination.

Thank you for all your suggestions, information, and creativity. :salute: ::!**!

Ray of Sunshine