Public relations

Scenario reviews, strategies, problems, and play technique.
Gwizz
CEO

Public relations Unread post

On my newest RT2 map I was first unable to first get the rubber cars to appear.

I added grain farms, then the rubber cars appeared. But then grain cars wouldn't appear.

So, I added sugar farms. Now suger cars and grain cars don't appear.

In playing the map I discovered that the AI railroads were hauling grain cars. I have not check the sugar cars yet, since no AI serves a sugar farm.

I merged the AI hauling grain and left the grain cars hooked behind the loco. Changed the route between one grain farm and one dairy.
saved the game, then lost power for a moment and the computer rebooted.

Now I will see if I can haul that grain with these cars.
Gwizz
CEO

Unread post

Not only does that locomotive have grain cars but it also has sugar cars to haul. But not my locomotives. I wonder if the other AI Locos I merged have these cars to haul. No time to check now off to see the doctor.
Gwizz
CEO

Seattle Industrial Map version 2 Unread post

OK I see what is happening. The supply of grain is there but can't be seen. It can be hauled and a demand is present on the map.

I added a dialog of how the grain workers union is operating the loading of grain. I tested with sugar but did not add sugar in this final version. made a few minor changes. This version 2 of the map is now part of the forum at The Terninal. Seattle Industrial Map version 2
Gwizz
CEO

Unread post

A quick run down of how I have played this map.

I route my one locomotive, pick my chairman, maybe add a couple of stations and run the map until the first AI RRs startup.

I buy 51% of one AIs stock at a time. I max its cash and route and drop ship cargo to one of my mainline stations. When possible I send the AIs cargo to one of my demand industries. This does drop my haul count but gives me more valuable cargo to haul.

I sell the AI stock since the value will drop quickly. And do the same to the next AI railroad and so on. I try to keep control of the 3 or 4 managers I want to use. I always give the AIs a manager I don't want before selling their stock and taking back my own railroad.

I buy a few GG1s and run the map until all 7 AIs have built a railroad. Some times I will start a shortline if the AIs don't build where I want them to. The shortline can be built to only drop ship cargo to my railroad or as a future merged part of my mainline. I don't run on AI trackage and try to keep my cash in the black when the map is running.

This map should keep you busy right up to the end.