Proper Territory Access for Multiple Companies

Stop by here for help with RRT3 Editor problems and tips.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Proper Territory Access for Multiple Companies Unread post

I was playing the Utah Railroads version 4 and ran across a case where all companies were supposed to be given access to the Castle Valley territory. When the event triggered, only one of the three companies got access (the company with the highest ID#). In other access events earlier in the game, the correct companies were given access at the right times. The difference appears to be that in the Castle Valley event, the checkbox for "One time only event" was checked.

I set up a test map with multiple territories and 2 companies and set up an event to grant access to multiple companies. Even though the test was against "all companies" (in Conditions) and the "company for which the condition was true" (in Effects), only one company got the access and a look at the debugger showed that the event had been processed once and triggered once. When the checkbox was unchecked, all companies got access and the debugger showed that the event had been processed once and triggered three times (I had started a new company when the scenario stated). With the checkbox checked, and "All companies" selected in the Effects, NO COMPANIES got access even though the debugger showed that the event had been processed once and triggered once.

This may have been brought up before, and if so, it probably bears repeating. Be careful how you code events to give territory access if more than one company is involved.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Proper Territory Access for Multiple Companies Unread post

I found that just going with writing separate events specific to the company, and using company ID= ended up saving my sanity.