Question about Economy variable

Stop by here for help with RRT3 Editor problems and tips.
TrainDaddy
Cat

Question about Economy variable Unread post

Greetings,

So I just picked up this game and have been playing around with the editor. For the most part, I'm pretty comfortable with how it works, but I have a question about the economy variable.

I am currently editing the Coast to Coast map so that I can start out in 1829 and play over a 200 year period. Now, the Coast to Coast map only goes through events in 1928 (Cars on the Rise), so I am adding major events (maybe more minor ones in the future). The biggest one being the Stock Market crash in 1929 and then the Great Depression.

I know that the economy variable is 1-4, with 1 being worst economy and 4 being best, but I wasn't sure how persistent that was. By that I mean, does the game have a dynamic economy by default (randomly dropping and recovering on its own), or does the economic variable remain the same until a new event triggers a change?

Thanks for the help,

~TD
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Re: Question about Economy variable Unread post

In 1.05, the economy will fluctuate as dictated by the random nature of the game engine, usually going through full cycles (3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 4 ->3 -> 2 -> 1 -> 2 ->3), but can go in any direction, up or down in increments of 1. If you Event it to 1 (Depression), it will eventually go up to 2, and then usually to 3 etc. You can set an event that checks for a change in Economy State, and reset it to your desired level.

In 1.06, it fluctuates the same as in 1.05, but you can add event(s) to permanently set it at some given state (turns off random variation). It's explained in the notes for 1.06.
TrainDaddy
Cat

Re: Question about Economy variable Unread post

Awesome, I suspected as much. Thanks!