loads of maps are NOT DISPLAYED!!

Stop by here for help with RRT3 Editor problems and tips.
HighVoltage
Brakeman

Re: loads of maps are NOT DISPLAYED!! Unread post

yipee! ::!**!
I found another bunch of working maps which can replace the damaged ones on my notebook - I found them on the RT3 install on my parent's desktop PC where I also used to play before I got my new notebook (but, a few maps that I've got in the meantime are only on my notebook, and haven't put them on the Desktop - so also with THIS discovery I cannot fully resurrect all the maps *!*!*! )

Hawk, these are now maps that I haven't found anywhere (or only at the Terminal, where the downloads are not working currently)....should I collect them and send the rar archives to you?! I'll pack the maps together with the info file given I have one
With the Railroad, distances are disappearing, material interests are promoted, culture is raised and spread.
Carl Ritter von Ghega
Hawk
The Big Dawg

If you've got maps that aren't here I'd like to see what you've got.
Do you have an FTP program or do you know how to use FTP with Windows Explorer?

Edit 1: I've already got some maps from The Terminal and ExpressWorld, but I don't think I got them all from The Terminal.
Maybe the attached spread-sheet will help you some.
I was hoping that Jessi will get things worked out before I start adding maps from his site to here. The web site itself (not the forum) was a whole lot worse a few days ago but he got a message from Gwizz and stopped by and sort of fixed t, but I guess he didn't realize the problem with the download links.
I sent him an email about it so hopefully he'll get it fixed soon.

If you have anything not on this list or the RTI list, and not at this site I'd definitely be interested in them. :salute:
Attachments
Maps from Other Sites.xls
(20 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Hawk
HighVoltage
Brakeman

yeah, got an FTP program

haven't looked through the list yet, but I will tomorrow!
With the Railroad, distances are disappearing, material interests are promoted, culture is raised and spread.
Carl Ritter von Ghega
Hawk
The Big Dawg

HighVoltage wrote:yeah, got an FTP program
Cool! That will help if it turns out you are going to send several maps. You can zip/rar them all up in one archive and upload the whole thing at once.
HighVoltage wrote:haven't looked through the list yet, but I will tomorrow!
No rush. Whenever it's convenient for you. ;-)
Hawk
arop
Dispatcher

Looking at your map archive I cannot see the latest maps, and the download counter does not seem to work !hairpull!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Can you be a little more specific? I just tried a couple and they work fine.
What Continent? What maps? Can you post a link to the page you're having problems with?
Hawk
HighVoltage
Brakeman

OK I think from the ones that I recently found on the Desktop PC I didn't find the following on your lists:
Australian Continental
Beginning of Switzerland (V3)
Jagged Alliance
Luban 1830
Missi Industry Wagon Strike (Gwizz' map posted at the Terminal forum)
New Antarctica
North America
Rainy Days in British North America
Schweiz (Switzerland)
The Dividing Range
Tropica Islands
West Coast Multi

AND German versions of the following maps:
Australian Federation (D)
The Roman Empire (D)
GDR 1962 (D)
Pennsylvania 1855-1901 (D)
United Indian Federation (D)

In turn, I found some maps on both lists that I still have to replace / don't have at all.
Carl Ritter von Ghega
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Gwizz's Mississippi Industry Wagon Strike is on page 3 of the North America section of the archive here. The rest I don't have, to the best of my knowledge.

You have a PM.
Hawk
HighVoltage
Brakeman

Hawk wrote:Gwizz's Mississippi Industry Wagon Strike is on page 3 of the North America section of the archive here. The rest I don't have, to the best of my knowledge.

*!*!*! doh! must have ignored this one :-D
I can send/upload the others whenever ou want :salute:

Anyway, back to topic:
I DON'T GET IT! it's getting more and more confusing!
As I said, I did a complete re-install of RT3 on the desktop computer...means i un-installed RT3 1.06, then removed the rest manually, and installed RT3 1.0 clean. then CtC followed, and finally the 1.05 patch
CLEAN
and first I tested with the few maps from here that I couldn't access on my notebook/Vista...
-Mung Hjung
-OHIND (Ohio & Indiana Base Map)
-Skandinavien (Scandinavia German Version)
-South West USA Base Map
-Unmoeglich (Impossible German Version)
-6 Countries in South America (Base Map, Gwizz Map from the Terminal forums)

Note that I have used files from archives that I have downloaded JUST A FEW DAYS AGO - so they haven't been altered or damaged in any way!!!
And they all can't be displayed in any of my RT3 versions, not even on this clean 1.05 re-install (as well as all the rest of the maps I couldn't access on my notebook) !hairpull! !hairpull! **!!!**
Carl Ritter von Ghega
Hawk
The Big Dawg

HighVoltage wrote: I can send/upload the others whenever ou want :salute:
That's entirely up to you.

Are you running Vista? Don't you have to give the RT3 folders administrator privileges, or something like that?
Do the default maps show up in the list? Right click on one of the gmp files and see if the attributes are set to 'Read Only'. If they are that could be the problem.

I'm just guessing here. I don't have Vista so I don't have a clue about it.
Hawk
HighVoltage
Brakeman

seen the PM !*th_up*!

well, the desktop computer runs XP, yet they don't show up (the original maps do as well as the other bunch of user-created maps that also are visible on my Vista RT3)
**!!!**
Carl Ritter von Ghega
Hawk
The Big Dawg

OK! I think I see the problem.

I just downloaded Mung Hjung and it wouldn't show in my 1.05 install, so I moved it to my 1.06 install and it showed fine.

Aside from the creator not mentioning that 1.06 is required, I believe at the time I added that map I was still working with one install of RT3, namely the 1.06 version. Consequently any map would show up.
Since then I've changed that. I now have 3 installs; 1.05, 1.06, and TM. When someone sends me a map I move the gmp to the 1.05 install. If it doesn't show I then move it to the 1.06 install (that is if the creator doesn't specify). That way I know which version it runs in.

Interestingly enough, it was never mentioned in this thread; viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1026

The problem now is, going through the whole archive and updating the maps. Time is not on my side at the moment. :-?
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

If you can confirm whether MungHjung works in the 1.06 install you have or not, I'll start looking at the other maps you mentioned in previous posts.

BTW! You mentioned Somewhere in an earlier post and it says 1.06 is required.
Click on image to view full size
Click on image to view full size
Hawk
HighVoltage
Brakeman

aaahh, that explains a lot!!
because I haven't tested the rest of the few maps that still don't work on the 1.06 install yet!

so this should solve the problem for quite a few maps!
but I'm not sure about the rest of the maps currently not in the download archive...there are still a few maps left which definately were made with 1.05 (or lower)...file dates often say 2004, 2005 and that's long before 1.06 came out!
Anyway, don't dig into this that much - I'll check all maps again as soon as I have installed the 1.06 on the XP version
Hawk wrote:BTW! You mentioned Somewhere in an earlier post and it says 1.06 is required.
yeah, my mistake, I moved it to the 1.06 map folder when I noticed it yesterday! :-)

BTW: currently uploading ;-)
Carl Ritter von Ghega
Hawk
The Big Dawg

HighVoltage wrote:Anyway, don't dig into this that much - I'll check all maps again as soon as I have installed the 1.06 on the XP version
OK! I'll wait to hear back from you on this before I do anything else.
HighVoltage wrote:BTW: currently uploading ;-)
I'll give it a little while and check the upload.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I got the file downloaded.
Unfortunately, the read me for Tropica Islands states:
DISCLAIMER:
you may NOT redistribute this any where! or sell it!
So I guess I won't be adding that to the archive. :-(
Hawk
HighVoltage
Brakeman

yeah, saw this too, but I thought I send it to you, personally
Carl Ritter von Ghega
HighVoltage
Brakeman

OK, finally finished on the maps:
Installed the 1.06 patch on the XP installatio and it worked fine!

Hawk, these maps that I've downloaded from your site recently seem to be 1.06:
-Impossible - Unmöglich (German Version only)
-Mung Hjung, as you said yourself
-Skandinavien (German Version of Scandinavia)
-South West USA (Base Map)
Additionally, I also downloaded a map from The Terminal forum recently, a Gwizz' Base Map "6 Countries in South America" which also seems to require the 1.06 version (checked back in the editor, it has the customs house/tollhouse activated, and probably more - but you might as well ask Gwizz himself, but I think it was intended... Just wondered because there was nothing mentioned from the 1.06 version!)

However, following maps STILL DON'T WORK, and since I tested them with the 1.06 patch, these are the ones that were damaged (?) I don't know how or when, and are not displayed in any of the map browser windows.
-American Empire (English + German versions)
-Berlin City
-Big New York City (V2)
-Millefeuille
-North Wales
-Orient Express Warna
-Scrimshaw
-Spanien und Portugal (Spain and Portugal)
-Straße von Gibraltar (Gibraltar Straits German version)
-Tasmania
-Vilopnik & Erkatan
-Vom Grand River zur Grey Coast (German version of Grand River & Grey Coast)
-Weidenthaler Kreisbahn V1/V2
-Zwischen Weser und Elbe

I've seen some of them either at the Terminal (where the Downloads are currently not working) and/or in one of your still-to-post lists - but no need to hurry, Hawk, I've got lots of other maps to play first (and in a few weeks nno time to do so, because University starts again!).
I'm fine if they are posted just SOMEday!

Now, and this is what I still don't understand, there are 4 more maps that won't work, BUT, and that's the difference to all the above maps, I found a copy of them on the desktop PC and have taken them from there (just like many others which replaced the obviously damaged ones on my notebook):
-Moorexpress
-Deutsch Süd-West Afrika
-Schweiz 1950
-Schweiz 2000
Carl Ritter von Ghega
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Thanks for the list. I'll get those archives updated shortly. Hopefully today as I have 3 new maps and a new reskin to add so I'll be in the html editor anyway.
I'll also test them on my system to see if it's your system or the maps. ;-)
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Yep! You're right. These maps do require the 1.06 patch, but the Gwizz map isn't in the archive here.
I'll get these updated today.

-Impossible - Unmöglich (German Version only)
-Mung Hjung, as you said yourself
-Skandinavien (German Version of Scandinavia)
-South West USA (Base Map)

Maybe Gwizz will see this next time he stops by. Matter of fact, I'll send him a PM and point him to this post.

Additionally, I also downloaded a map from The Terminal forum recently, a Gwizz' Base Map "6 Countries in South America" which also seems to require the 1.06 version (checked back in the editor, it has the customs house/tollhouse activated, and probably more - but you might as well ask Gwizz himself, but I think it was intended... Just wondered because there was nothing mentioned from the 1.06 version!)
Hawk