Train Messages

Stop by here for help with RRT3 Editor problems and tips.
ClintClassic

Train Messages Unread post

Sometimes you just want to sit back in your ol' engine cab, and highball down those ribbons of steel -all the while watching the scenery go by; without distractions such as "Train Messages" appearing (in the upper left corner of the display)! Sure they are important overall, but I was wondering if anyone knows -if it is at all possible- to toggle them on/off somehow; or making for a smaller Font? This is especially awful if you're using "Camera Type": "Free - Any Angle", and you have a horde of trains running on a map with long route discriptions !hairpull!

I know if I press: "SHIFT + M" this deletes all currently displayed messages; but when new trains arrive, there they are again!
-If no, is there some quick fix within the "Code" that is [forgive me...] "so easy, a layman can do it" !**fldwn!
Last edited by ClintClassic on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Re: Train Messages Unread post

I don't think there's a way in the "Settings" menu to disable messages. I don't know enough about the game code to know whether there's a way do do it in the program.
ClintClassic

OH NO!!! What am I gonna' do Wolverine !hairpull! This is terrible!

Darn Train Messages! They're like swarms of insects -at random- gone splat all over my engine cab windows -LOL!

Halp! Halp... is there someone out there that can help me **#!help
OilCan
Engineer

I'm afraid Wolverine is right. There is no easy way to turn off the train arrival messages. I spent some time double checking this and found nothing to help turn them off.

I watch the arrival messages early in a game to see which trains have large profits and which don't (I usually play with the sound off). As a game progresses, I'll glance at the messages every now and then to see what the profit range is. I make a mental note of arrivals with no profit and if it seems to reoccur I'll check why. So, I use the messages somewhat, but mostly they are invisible to me.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

For the most part I tend to just ignore them, although I have seen a couple of maps that use those messages for stuff related to the scenario, which is unfortunate because they're being missed by me.
Hawk
ClintClassic

This is not good. Oilcan, you've practically wrote the book on this stuff... oh, that's right -you did! For you to say this; well... I'm afaid this Casey is gonna' end up in a big wreak....
OilCan wrote:I watch the arrival messages early in a game to see which trains have large profits and which don't
As was stated in my enormous first Post & Tread: "RT4 will be in our Mod’s of RT3", I mention how "I happen to prefer" Sandbox Mode "even over the game itself now...". I then go to say how we've all (by now), fashioned our "own 'unique' formula of just how to beat game, every single time" ... "years ago".

I now see RT3 as a program to create "Cyber Model RR's" with. And so, "Train Messages" don't serve any real purpose for me; unless (of coarse), I were playing the gaming aspect.

Well... all save one. If I had just disembarked a train in -say- Chicago, and I'm wondering just how long it's gonna' take for the "California Zephyr" to arrive; "Train Messages" can uh... be seen as my best friend ^**lylgh This especially holds true, if I’ve been craving Krispy Kreme donuts w/ milk in the refrigerator -all the long while; and this train hadn’t even arrived in Denver yet *,*!