Will there be a 1.07 patch?

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
KevinL
Dispatcher

Will there be a 1.07 patch? Unread post

With the new developments going on in the last year, including Coruscate's and WP&P's buildings and skins, is there talk of including them in a new patch?
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
WPandP
Engineer

Re: Will there be a 1.07 patch? Unread post

Negative; milo was the driving force behind 1.06, and we need him to stay on Rail Mogul, if that is to move forward. Ned Fumpkin's Trainmaster set of mods will act as a sort of "patch", though it won't modify the executable at all. It will, however, thoroughly transform the game once fully installed. If someone else with some programming know how wants to step in and help NedF develop his material as an installable "patch" (i.e. create an install/uninstall routine and an interface), I imagine he would appreciate that, but at the moment it is just to be released as mod packs that you'll have to download, unzip, and place in appropriate folders by hand.
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
KevinL
Dispatcher

Oh oops, I forgot about Rail Mogul. :oops:

What about including the new skins in the original 1.06 patch? Especially for items like the hospital, construction yard, and pharmaceutical plant that used the generic warehouse skin.
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
nedfumpkin
CEO

I wouldn't call what I am doing a 1.07 patch, but it could be considered close to it, but I prefer referring to it as an alternate version, and at the same time a concept tester for Rail Mogul as far as supply chain stuff.

When I am done, I will be making some buildings available for 1.06 to replace the warehouses....like the Hospital etc.

I'm not sure if an installer is necessary for what I am doing since I am trying to keep it very simple for installation. There is no uninstall for Trainmaster since everything gets replaced.
coruscate
Dispatcher

DItto on the skins, plus I'll adapt the BCA files so that some of my new buildings can also function in 1.06.
bombardiere
Dispatcher

KevinL wrote:Oh oops, I forgot about Rail Mogul. :oops:

What about including the new skins in the original 1.06 patch? Especially for items like the hospital, construction yard, and pharmaceutical plant that used the generic warehouse skin.
Sorry people, i did skins for hospital and construction yard, but have forgotten to add those. Now buildings are smaller and do not steal that much space from the city. I add those next weekend, I promise. :oops:
Optimizer
Watchman

Neither 1.06 nor TM seem to be compatible to each other.

One critical issue seems to be the limited amount of cargo types. Since 1.06 and TM use all available slots, no one will be able to make a derivative mod that adds new cargo types.

A new patch which contains all 1.06 features minus the new cargo types, would be much appreciated. It can also contain new production chains with existing cargo types, just as TM does.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Optimizer wrote:Neither 1.06 nor TM seem to be compatible to each other.
You're right. They're separate stand-alone mods.
Optimizer wrote:One critical issue seems to be the limited amount of cargo types. Since 1.06 and TM use all available slots, no one will be able to make a derivative mod that adds new cargo types.
Not much can be done about that. It's the way the game was coded by Pop Top and no one has been able to crack that part of the coding.
Optimizer wrote:A new patch which contains all 1.06 features minus the new cargo types, would be much appreciated. It can also contain new production chains with existing cargo types, just as TM does.
You could start with the 1.05 version and work on creating a new version, as did Milo and Ned. You'll need to get familiar with hex editing.
Hawk
Optimizer
Watchman

Hawk wrote:You could start with the 1.05 version and work on creating a new version, as did Milo and Ned. You'll need to get familiar with hex editing.
The easiest way seems to be stripping all new building and cargo files from 1.06, and calling this version "1.06 prime" or whatever. This game version would take advantage of Milo's work without spending any of the valuable cargo slots, and any modder with a hex-editor could make a mod from 1.06 prime to add new cargo.

Here on this forum, we could possibly work out an overhauled production chain, where the building and cargo slots are well spent. It could be named 1.061 prime.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Personally I'm looking forward to Trainmaster. :mrgreen:
There's nothing stopping you from learning to hex edit the files and start work on a new mod yourself. There's only a small handful of folks here (about 3 or 4) that know how to mod using a hex editor and I think they're all kinda' busy with TM (or other mundane facets of real life :lol: ), at least Ned is anyway.
I'll be adding a spread-sheet done by WP&P tomorrow to the extra section of the site that gives some info on hex editing and I believe there's a couple other tutorials and/or help files available at this link: http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/xtras/xtras5.htm#tuts
Hawk
Optimizer
Watchman

I just realized that the 1.06 installer can skip the new cargo types. There's that 1.06 prime I was looking for. I'll try hex-editing the existing buildings and cargos now.