Double tracking bug ... RT3 V1.06

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
Shamough
Conductor

Double tracking bug ... RT3 V1.06 Unread post

I just noticed that when I upgrade to double tracks that my trains come up to the new track section and stop.

Work around is to save after each double track section is laid and then reload the saved game.
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Double tracking bug ... RT3 V1.06 Unread post

I think in any version of RT3 when you upgrade track with a train on it, the train will stop, unless you pause the game before you upgrade. That's the only issue i've had with double track that I can remember.

Does this happen for you on just 1 map in 1.06 or on multiple maps? If it's just 1 it might be that there is a bug in that map.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Blackhawk wrote:I think in any version of RT3 when you upgrade track with a train on it, the train will stop, unless you pause the game before you upgrade. That's the only issue i've had with double track that I can remember.
Also, the train will remain stopped if you go out of pause before exiting the track laying screen. Pause ther game, lay your double track, exit the track-laying screen, and then unpause the game. Trains that were moving before the "pause" will jump to the correct side of the double track, and continue at their previous speed as soon as you "unpause".
Shamough
Conductor

I always pause the game when making upgrades. (Well almost always ... sometimes I hit the wrong button without noticing ... OLD GEEZER thingie)

This happens in at least three maps so far for me.

I first noticed it when my income tanked after double tracking a large section of electric tracks. Saving and reloading fixed the problem for me.

If this is not happening for other players then I may have a conflict with my Win 7 version and upgrades and RT3 V1.06
Card carrying member of the original RailRoad Flat Earth Society.

If it ain't flat it ain't flat enough!
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

This has always happened for me, but only when I double track a section with a train running on it. If it's paused, and I exit the track menu then unpause, it continues at its previous speed. If I don't pause or exit the track menu first, then the train is considered stopped and will have to start back up when the track screen is exited.
"Train roll on, on down the line. Take me many miles from my home."