Shipping at a loss not working

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
JoshM
Hobo

Shipping at a loss not working Unread post

I have been using the 1.06 patch for a while now but noticed that it wasn't letting me ship at a loss.

So I reinstalled everything;
RRT3 1.00
Coast to Coast 1.04
Patch to 1.05
Patch to 1.06

Everything works but no ship-at-a-loss, so I tried starting a new scenario and editing a new map but still not working.
So what did I miss?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Shipping at a loss not working Unread post

It doesn't work the same as in RRT2.
The way I understand it is that you can haul freight to a station, even if it doesn't demand it, and have a train waiting to haul it away to a station that does demand it.

If I'm not quite accurate or thorough in this description, please, someone jump in here. :-D
Hawk
bombardiere
Dispatcher

Ship-at-loss only works with Custom content. Automatic cargo selection still only selects profitable cargoes. And at the Custom content you have to select specific cargotype, which you want to transport at loss. All Freight and All Express buttons in the Custom mode are for profitable cargo.

It is possible to have profitable and non-profitable cargoes in same train. For example, it is possible to select 4 cars of All Freight (profitable) and 2 Tyres (non-profitable) and 2 Oil (non-profitable). Computer then fills the train according these orders and availability.

And Hawk I am afraid that you are wrong. As far as I know, (But I didn't wrote the code) there is no drop-shipping. After delivery the cargo dissapears as usual, and another train can only pick it up if it is still available at the station. (Often it is as consumption is slow)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

bombardiere wrote: And Hawk I am afraid that you are wrong. As far as I know, (But I didn't wrote the code) there is no drop-shipping. After delivery the cargo dissapears as usual, and another train can only pick it up if it is still available at the station. (Often it is as consumption is slow)
That's why I mentioned that you have to have a train waiting at the station, with that cargo selected.

For instance: If train A is set up to pick up 4 loads of cargo at station A with the destination to station B, and the cargo is not demanded at station B, it will deliver the cargo to station B but you have to have a train at station B set to pick up that same 4 loads of cargo to deliver to station C, which is demanding that cargo.
If you don't have a train at station B set to pick up that cargo then the cargo will disappear.
Train A will not make any money but train B will. It worked like that for me when I tried it.

Does that make sense? :lol:

Thanks for the additional info bombar. !*th_up*!
Hawk
JoshM
Hobo

OK I understand now. !$th_u$!
bombardiere
Dispatcher

Yup it makes sense. :-D It was my turn to think RRT2 :roll:
KevinL
Dispatcher

I had the same difficulty figuring it out until I tried a custom consist, and then it worked.
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio