List of actually amounts of supplied and demanded cargo?

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
Wooly
Hobo

List of actually amounts of supplied and demanded cargo? Unread post

First, thank you very much Milo and the many others that put in so much work to make a better game for everyone to enjoy. It's a labor of love to do that much work.

I have looked around, and I can't find anything which tells you the exact supply and demand for the new cargo flow charts in v1.06. I have the flow charts, but I would love to see how much of each cargo is demanded, supplied, created, etc. If no one else has done it, I would be happy to whip out an excel sheet with it.
KevinL
Dispatcher

Re: List of actually amounts of supplied and demanded cargo? Unread post

You're looking for a list of how much each building supplies/produces per year? That sounds like a good reference to have.
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
WPandP
Engineer

I agree that this would be good to have, and I don't think I've seen anyone map out what all the cargo amounts are so I'm giving you the highball to produce this document! I think that NedF, and maybe Coruscate, have done something similar for their proposed modded cargo systems, but I don't know if they started out by mapping out all the default cargo values in some presentable format.
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
KevinL
Dispatcher

I would be more than happy to create a list of all the supplies and production for each cargo, but I have no way to edit Magnus' Industry chart on the User Xtras page as I dont have Adobe PDF creator.
coruscate
Dispatcher

I was keeping strict track of things at first, but with the new cargo and shifting things around I haven't put it back together in a presentable form just yet, especially since I've been making changes like crazy. I do admit it's a necessary thing. I had the same thoght as I looked at the 1.06 chart but I figured I'd just learn in game...
KevinL
Dispatcher

I have a rough draft so far. It only lists the quantity demanded, not the product demanded, per year. Do you want the product too, or can one figure that out for oneself?
Grandma Ruth
CEO

I think the product as well - some aren't so obvious, like ceramics in a brewery. (I can't remember what that was about - maybe to represent glass?? **!!!** )
KevinL
Dispatcher

Here is my rough draft. (Hawk dont add it yet) Getting the 1.06 cargoes is tough as there arent many scenerios which use them, and most of the scenerios I play are earlier than 1920 when some of these cargoes are not available. But I gave it my best shot.

If you know the ones I am missing, please share so I can update this.

Its in Excel format.

Edit 12-30-08: file updated.
Attachments
RRT3Supply.xls
(20.5 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
Last edited by KevinL on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
WPandP
Engineer

http://wpandp.com/BuildingPlannerMRR.zip

Kevin,

Great work collating this info. I guess I should have remembered that I did undertake a somewhat similar thing over a year ago, though I did not record the amounts, just which buildings demanded what. The link above is the Excel file that I created, as I was thinking through what sorts of new industries might be fun to mod. It has two sheets in it; sheet 1 just lists the 1.06 cargoes both down and across, then locates a building name where they intersect - this is showing that the building transforms one cargo into another.

I am thinking that a similar sort of graph could be made, where instead of the way I did it, you could have Cargoes down and Industries across (or vice-versa), and then at the intersection you'd record a positive number for the amount of loads generated, a negative number for the amount of loads demanded, and leave it blank (zero) for any cargo that the building doesn't care about. Then, at a glance you could see that Cargo A is demanded here and there, and produced only at that place. It wouldn't be as intuitive as the chart that Magnus whipped up, perhaps, but it would be more easily edited (and thus could be modified to serve a similar role for mega-mods like NedF's Trainmaster).

BTW, sheet 2 in my Excel file was a sort of graphical explanation of the contents of BCA files, when hex-editing. I was mainly recording it so that I would not forget what I had learned, but this is how one can change a building to produce or demand different amounts. Technically, one could go through all the BCA files and glean what amounts are produced or demanded in a hex editor, knowing where to look based on this tool.
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
nedfumpkin
CEO

Yeah...and I am going to have to do it for Trainmaster when I get it all done...I can tell you now that it's going to be a chore since most industries are requiring at least 2 inputs, if not three or four.
KevinL
Dispatcher

My goal would be to edit Magnus' industry charts, as I said above, to include the item supplied or produced by the industry and the quantity per year. Then it would all be available in one chart.
KevinL
Dispatcher

I thought there would be more interest in this, filling in the spots I missed, but I guess not. **!!!**
Orange46
Dispatcher

I'm working with a furnace that is amply supplied but not producing much. It wants rock and ore and produces 1 ceramic with the rock and 1 ingot with the ore. The max is 8 and upgraded is 16 loads per year, but mine was only producing 3.5 loads per year until I upgraded it, and now it seems to be producing even less (2 loads in the year of upgrade and .3 by March of the next year, with lots of ore and rock just sitting on top of the furnace. Maybe the roof collapsed. No other new industries are running and the old stuff is running just fine. Also, I'm using the 1.04 beta exe with the 1.06 industries loaded.

If its still wanted, I could build the later industries in the editor to get any desired info.
Quality is Job 1.01
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Could be that nothing is using the products (ceramics/ingots). Plop down a conrete factory, or machine shop (supplied with oil and steel) right next to the furnace and see if things don't improve. I've noticed this spotty production from furnaces too; some years they seem to make gobs of money, and then they go into the red for some unknown reason only to rebound a few years later.
Stoker
Engineer

I concur with the spotty performance from Furnaces. I suspect it has something to do with the dual input/ output aspect of them .

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
belbincolne
Engineer

Yes - thanks for drawing my attention to this. Would be nice to have it updated to include all the new industries / goods if the designers of them could give you the information.