Bug Reports

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
Wooly
Hobo

Re: Bug Reports Unread post

So I was able to install v1.06 on my comp. I had to completely uninstall everything, and then delete any remaining files, then reinstall CtoC and 1.05. When I installed v1.06, I unchecked any loco packs or mods, and installed everything else. It worked fine after that. There conflict is in those loco files, which I suspected from the error code I got. So if anyone has a similar problem, just don't install the locomotive packs until the bug is fixed.
belbincolne
Engineer

Not sure if its the locos - I've usually (always?) installed these and they caused me no problems but (as I reported elsewhere) when I installed the Cereal Company everything went haywrire. Uninstalled it and its been o/k since. Different things affect different systems? I've always installed all driver updates as they come out and - once - that sent all my buildings white (again recorded elsewhere) which was fixed when the next update came along.
bombardiere
Dispatcher

Wooly wrote:So I was able to install v1.06 on my comp. I had to completely uninstall everything, and then delete any remaining files, then reinstall CtoC and 1.05. When I installed v1.06, I unchecked any loco packs or mods, and installed everything else. It worked fine after that. There conflict is in those loco files, which I suspected from the error code I got. So if anyone has a similar problem, just don't install the locomotive packs until the bug is fixed.
Sorry to get back to this so late. Yes, Milo's first final version had small error in it. The error message was slightly similar, but it referred to a building file.

Wooly, your error actually refer to CtC. Even though you mentioned that you had it installed, it may be that the expansion wasn't installed. The Patch (and unofficial loco pack) refer to few engines that are only in the Coast to Coast expansion pack.

Even though it should not cause any conflict, I wouldn't recomend to use Unofficial Loco Pack with Patch 1.06. And anyway, the Patch makes it obsolete as the engines are updated in the Patch.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

bombardiere wrote:Milo's first final version had small error in it. The error message was slightly similar, but it referred to a building file.
Is there a second final version that I'm not aware of?
Hawk
bombardiere
Dispatcher

As far as I know, no. You ought to have corrected version. But only Milo knows it for sure.

If my memory serves me correctly, the broken version was at your site for couple hours. (or maybe days) I am fairly certain that my current version is download at your site and it is working fine.

Edit.
See the first page of this thread. I needed to check it myself before I remembered *!*!*!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Yep! After reading the first page of this thread I remembered as well.

So, the version available at this site is the latest. !$th_u$! bombar! !*th_up*!
Hawk
Settebello
Hobo

It is not exactly a bug, but I have to signal an imperfection, probably due to the fact that I'm using the italian version of the game and of the 1.05 official patch. The installation process of 1.06 was successfull and I didn't observe any bug until now.

During displaying the cheat window; when the wooden frame appears, the dark green square inside it is higher in the 1.06 version than in the official 1.05.

The 1st line of the text appears correctly, the input text is exactly centered in height inside the square, but the 2nd line (.... & press ESC to exit) is partially inside the square, partially outside, possibly because the translated text in italian is longer than the original one.

On the other hand, there's a lot of improvements making the game more & more attractive !**yaaa .

Happy to give my small contribution.
Settebello
HighVoltage
Brakeman

just tested the 1.06 patch and its features a few days ago, I noticed an issue with the Dye Plantation...it kept saying ground is not flat enough, but in fact it WAS totally flat...couldn't built it (in the Editor), it remained red everywhere I wanted to build...
**!!!**
With the Railroad, distances are disappearing, material interests are promoted, culture is raised and spread.
Carl Ritter von Ghega
HighVoltage
Brakeman

alright, did a test of the 1.06 on my Desktop PC which runs XP...

first of all, I started RT3 with the 1.05 exe (a NoCD Version which has been running fine with the 1.05 game without the 1.06 addons)
I installed the 1.06 and started with the 1.05 NoCD exe again, no problems - in the start menu screen it also said Version 1.06...
(from what I could see the exe files (1.05 original (not the NoCD version) and the 1.06 exe seem to be the same size, so it wasn't too surprising that the 1.06 features run with the 1.05 exe)

EDIT: :arrow: :!: HOWEVER, what I could not do is to load maps which use 1.06 - as they all check the version if it's 1.06 (guess they check the exe) - and I started still with the 1.05 NoCD...

:!: As I said before, I couldn't built the ~4428 Dye Plantation anywhere - it kept saying that the ground isn't flat enough

:arrow: after buing an industry which demands 0.1 Machinery a year DON'T DEMAND machinery ANYMORE when UPGRADING it - is it intended that an upgraded industry doesn't demand machinery anymore?!?
:arrow: the Quarry demands fertilizer to enlarge production.... sounds weird to me :-)
:arrow: I can't access the Product Info Tab of the Hospital and the Comstruction Firm... yes, they DO demand their goods when I look at them via the cargo overview, but there's no 'box button' which lets you see the production overview of this buildings...

what also irritated me is that another building, the Temple (but that's not a 1.06 feature, I believe this was included for some middle east map) demands "2 Logs" and "1 Cattle"...or is the cattle a 'sacrificial animal'? but what are the logs for?
With the Railroad, distances are disappearing, material interests are promoted, culture is raised and spread.
Carl Ritter von Ghega
milo
Engineer

The 1.06 patch can upgrade either the original 1.05 or the NoCD version, and it doesn't change the executable size. Instead of putting the original 1.05 exe in before the upgrade, you should probably have left the NoCD version in place. If you start the 1.05 NoCD.exe, you're playing a 1.05 game and 1.06 maps will not show up. That may explain some of the other oddities you're seeing; 1.05 can mostly deal with the new buildings and cargos, but there are a few rough edges.
HighVoltage
Brakeman

okay, I tested the game (on my XP desktop) with the 1.06 exe, and YES, most of the issues are solved ::!**! (I just ran the game with the 1.05 NoCD yesterday to see if that worked...didn't test the game with 1.06 anymore then...)
sorry about the false alarm (smack)))) (**!!sry ;-)
-) I could build the dye plantation and it worked fine
-) now industries don't show demand for machinery anymore even in standard size (but i guess they still do, at 0,1 load per year - it's just not displayed)
-) I also could access the product info tab of hospital and construction firm (again, hospital should demand/create passengers - it isn't shown, again - but then I believe it does work anyway, it's just not displayed)
-> what still sounds weird to me is that the quarry demands fertilizer... :-D

btw, any chance of a 1.06 NoCD exe (kf this can be done with little work...)? As you can tell after having used the 1.06 which demands the CD I DO own the official CD of course, but it's more convinient (don't need to dig out the disc, or even carry the CD with me)... plus I could see that the disc gets quite hot even after only a relatively short time when i played the game with my new notebook...can't be too good for the disc?!
Carl Ritter von Ghega
milo
Engineer

See previous message. Uninstall 1.06, copy your 1.05 NoCD executable to rt3.exe, and reinstall 1.06. You should then have 1.06 NoCD.
belbincolne
Engineer

I know I've seen it somewhere but where do I get the no CD executable from? My discs nearly worn out so I really need it!
HighVoltage
Brakeman

milo wrote:See previous message. Uninstall 1.06, copy your 1.05 NoCD executable to rt3.exe, and reinstall 1.06. You should then have 1.06 NoCD.
ah, I see... so if I install the 1.06 over the 1.05 NoCD exe it will upgrade to the 1.06 NoCD exe :-) (0!!0) (0!!0)

I think I'll install XP as a Dual Boot system on my Vista Notebook just for RT3 and a few other things, so I'll have to do a clean install anyway!
still, I might install RT3 (1.04 beta) on Vista as well...I've got enough space...)
Carl Ritter von Ghega
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Belbin - You have a PM. ;-)
Hawk
ocmccormick

When I try to install the patch I get an error message that says: "Unable to Open RT3.exe for patching." Any solutions?
----------
A very irritated and unhappy ( :evil: :-x )...

Owen C. McCormick
Muscatine, Iowa USA
Stoker
Engineer

Yes, you get that message when the installer tries to install into the default location and your target install is somewhere else. During the install you will get prompted - if you hit enter it tries to install in the default folder. When prompted you must select the correct folder you have the target install of RT3 in.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke