Publishing House

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
nedfumpkin
CEO

Publishing House Unread post

Ruth suggested a Publishing House for Trainmaster, and I agreed entirely so I have made one. The skin has a few things that I can't get rid of; it's made from the Electric Plant.

I don't have a problem with making it available for 1.06, or even 1.05, but I'm not sure what the cargo recipe should be. In TM it's using paper, hides/textiles, and later chemicals (glue/ink). Also demands machinery, gold (embossing etc), and aluminum and steel (plates/type).

So if someone wants to figure out the recipe, it can be made.
KevinL
Dispatcher

Re: Publishing House Unread post

If you want to be simple, then 1 paper = 1 books for 3 per year, and then modify the schoolhouses so they demand 1 or 2 books per year. I forget if there is a library, if so then the library would demand the same. Houses might demand .02 or .03 books a year as well.

If you want to be complicated, then after chemicals become available (1900?) then you can make 1 paper plus 1 chemicals = 2 books. And it will demand a little machinery the same as the other 1.06 buildings do.
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
nedfumpkin
CEO

Sounds like an idea. The books couldn't be a new commodity since you are full up in 1.06, and as Ruth suggested, the product is goods, books falling into that category. I could make the schoolhouse demand them.
Optimizer
Watchman

Why not have the Publishing House transform Paper into Mail?