Warehouses, Ports, and Hotels

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
BikerTim
Brakeman

Warehouses, Ports, and Hotels Unread post

Whenever I play a scenario that uses the 1.06 patch, a plethora of warehouses and ports are available for me to build among the usual choices available, such as textile mills and meat packing plants. I do not believe building warehouses and ports should be allowed. Also, since I have downloaded the 1.06 patch, I have not been able to build hotels, restaurants, post offices, and taverns on any of the campaign scenarios. Does anybody know how to fix these? :?:
Life is not fair, but it is still good.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Re: Warehouses, Ports, and Hotels Unread post

To prevent the player from building Ports and Warehouses, go into the Editer and uncheck the boxes for these in the "Industry (Overall)" category. They will still spawn and be used during the scenario (I think), but will not be able to be built by the player.

The reason you can't build Hotels in the Campaigns is that the box is not checked in "Industry (Overall)", at least in the two Campaign scenarios I checked.
Sugus
Engineer

Yes - that's only a story of "special conditions". You can turn them off or on by means of the editor as you like. But be aware: it was the intention of the author to exactly choose it the way found! :-D
There's no business like RT business ...
BikerTim
Brakeman

Thank you for the advice. I will try it. I am sure that these things I have found were not the intent of the author, just some kind of peculiarity when I downloaded the 1.06 patch.

!*th_up*!
Grandma Ruth
CEO

I think the problem is in playing scenarios, campaigns, etc, that were designed for the 1.05 version using the 1.06 version. As Sugus says, any scenarios that were made for 1.06 will be as the author intended them to be (presumably!) so the inclusion and/or exclusion of different things will be intentional.
If you are playing 1.05 scenarios you might have to just have a look at them in the Editor first to see what industries are enabled. The other thing is that some of the goals may be too easy - for example, any haulage goals that were set for 1.05 will be far too easy in 1.06 using the ship-at-a-loss feature. You might want to change them in the Editor before you start, as well.
In fact, best advice is to play scenarios that were intended for 1.06! Or move on to nedfumpkin's TrainMaster, which is completely different though still at an early stage.
nedfumpkin
CEO

and all scenarios will be designed from scratch so there won't be conversion issues.

PS...the thing that I had today that kept me from working on TM went well, and I expect to be able to get a lot done this weekend...maybe even a pre-beta. :)
BikerTim
Brakeman

I tried the advice. It did not work. Any more suggestions? I also looked on both of the disks that came with the game to see if I could re-download the campaign scenarios. They were not readily obtainable.

:?:
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Give us an example of a scenario that's giving you trouble and we'll see if we can reproduce the problem. :-)
KevinL
Dispatcher

I started playing Germantown again, because I have never gotten better than a silver on it, and I want a gold. I am having the same problem as Tim. I had to go into the editor and enable Hotels, Restaurants, Taverns, and Post Offices, while disabling the extra Ports and Warehouses.
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

KevinL wrote:I started playing Germantown again, because I have never gotten better than a silver on it, and I want a gold. I am having the same problem as Tim. I had to go into the editor and enable Hotels, Restaurants, Taverns, and Post Offices, while disabling the extra Ports and Warehouses.
Same thing happened to me. I suspect that this will be a problem with all of the 1.05 scenarios, and the only solution is to go through them 1-by-1 and fix 'em, then send them to Hawk for posting. Another alternative is to assemble all of the modified scenarios and make an ISO image that could be downloaded and burned on a CD, or a gargantuan ZIP file with all of the modified scenarios.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I just checked Germantown in both 1.05 and 1.06.
In 1.05 restaurants, taverns & hotels aren't even in the list of Industries (Overall) and in 1.06 there in the list but not checked.
Apparently it is something that was coded into 1.06.

I guess by adding them to the list it doesn't automatically check them.
Hawk