Will I be able to add the 1.06 patch?

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
blumeenie

Will I be able to add the 1.06 patch? Unread post

Will I be able to add the 1.06 patch as I have my game running without the CD 2 inserted using a "1.05 NoCD crack" .This seems to be a rewrite or modification of the RT3.exe and thus any subsequent patching may alter or invalidate it.
Even now I dont appear to be able to see all the user made maps that i have in my maps folder, but that may be my own fault since each time i do DL new maps I have to try remember how it goes, and im sure i mess it up sometimes. Yeah, im an old fart who is rather inept at this stuff.
blumeenie
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Will I be able to add the 1.06 patch? Unread post

The 1.06 patch should install fine over the no-cd 1.05 exe. At least it did with the no-cd patch I used.
Clicking on the link that says 'Read Me (PDF File) English' at the download location for the 1.06 patch, under the 'What you need' topic, it says:
A full version (i.e. not the demo) of the American or European Railroad Tycoon 3 for PC,
with or without the NoCD hack, with the Coast-to-Coast expansion installed, patched to
version 1.05.
Hawk
JFMarvelous
Watchman

Hawk, what no-cd patch did you use? (mine is dated 05-11-03 RT3 V10 no-cd)and does not work. But I think the problem is you need to install crack patch before the 1.06 patch :?: what do you think?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

You have a PM. ;-)

Yes, you do need to install the 1.05 no-cd patch before installing the 1.06 patch.
Hawk
JFMarvelous
Watchman

Interesting note. I installed the 1.05 no-cd patch(backed up my 1.06 exe) and it worked with no cd, but opened in 1.05. Replaced with my 1.06 exe and put cd in and I have 1.06 using only one installation or RT3
Note I haven't playtested the 1.05, just loaded it up to load map stage.
Well, It was a nice idea, but no go,game crashes when I try to load map in 1.05, so to use no-cd patch will have to reinstall RRT3 in order(RRT3 + C2C + 1.05 +1.05 no-cd patch + 1.06) :?: