NoCD for 1.06?

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
Kipperlenny

NoCD for 1.06? Unread post

Hi there,

I know what u are thinking with this topic ;)
BUT i have the CDs here (2 of them) but the Vista System is not allowing the game to start with them.
Installation with them ("Game Now" Version) was no problem.

Till now my wife and me were playing with 1.05 noCD Crack - but we would like to try 1.06 - installed it already, aaand "Wrong disc insert" - tried with both CDs...
Btw. no Problem on my XP computer - but the Vista (no nero, alcohol, virtual... etc. installed - never - ) PC won't start without crack.

Can somebody help? (Or help me with my "Wrong disc insert" problem).

lenny

ps: The "Vista Problem" with crashing RT3 is only with Geforce grafics i think - cuz only my wife needed the Vista fix (thanks for that), with my ATI everything was fine.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: NoCD for 1.06? Unread post

Did you try rebooting the computer without a cd in the drive?
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

If you are using the NOCD crack, then run the exe on the 1.05 exe before upgrading it to 1.06.

Trainmaster doesn't have this problem.
Kipperlenny

Moin Moin

Ok, it was my fault - i only extracted the files into the RT3 root - but did not run the setup...
Now (after the setup) RT3 has no problem anymore with my CD !**yaaa

so for me 1.06 fixed this 1.05 bug ;)

lenny
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Glad you got it working. !*th_up*!
Hawk
EPH
Dispatcher

OK, I have a copy of RRT3 and both CDs. I have the No-CD version installed to save wear & tear. Works great with version 1.05, but I can't upgrade to 1.06 - the installer comes back and says "Patch does not match", then gives me a dialog box that says "Go talk to Milo."

Any thoughts on how I can run 1.06?
The optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." - James Branch Cabell
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Are you serious? I've never heard of that message before.

Did you have to reinstall RT3 for some reason?
What operating system are you running now?
Did you choose the multiple install option?
Did you use the no-cd patch I sent you a link to?
Did you install the C to C patch, then the 1.05 patch.
Did you use the patches available from here or form some other site?
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

I think I've seen that error before, but it's been awhile so I can't remember what I did. I think I may have tried putting back the original 1.05 RT3.exe then patching or maybe I just reinstalled, and then updated all the patches in the correct order and updated to 1.06, as I may have forgotten a patch along the way.
EPH
Dispatcher

Are you serious? I've never heard of that message before.

Did you have to reinstall RT3 for some reason?
What operating system are you running now?
Did you choose the multiple install option?
Did you use the no-cd patch I sent you a link to?
Did you install the C to C patch, then the 1.05 patch.
Did you use the patches available from here or form some other site?

Yes, Hawk I am serious. I never kid about RRT. ;-) The actual message calls Milo a bonehead, which is obviously untrue. :-)

I wanted to stop using the CD so I recreated the installation outside the Program Files folder. I changed over to the No-CD version, patched to CtC, then 1.05, then to 1.06. When I tried to launch it the game demanded the CD. So then I tried patching the old version up to 1.05 and moving in the No-CD exe. That worked great... in 1.05. How do I get from that to 1.06?

All patches were from Hawk's site, though the patch links he sent me were bad (one pointed to the Heralds download and the other to a game file). I got the patches from the RRT3 downloads area.

I think I'm going to try wiping it and doing a complete install from the original disks up.

Still not clear on when to copy over the No-CD exe - before patching CtC, 1.05 and 1.06, or after?

I think
The optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." - James Branch Cabell
nedfumpkin
CEO

EPH....you have a pm to the rescue.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

OK! You said you installed it outside of the Program Files(86?) folder, meaning you probably have Win 7 (You didn't answer the first two questions I asked so I'm left to assume ;-) )?

Not that it matters much, but what no-cd install are you talking about? Did you buy the Steam version of RT3? If so, stick with the cd version. Don't use the Steam version if you have it (again I'm left to assume since you didn't give any detail on that).

Now, installing from the cd, you then patch it to 1.04 (C to C), then 1.05 (not 1.05a). At that point I would recommend going with the multiple install set up, as described in this thread; viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2363 . That way you can play 1.05 maps as intended, and 1.06 maps as intended, since 1.05 maps won't play as intended in 1.06.
BTW! You can get all three patches at this link; http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/Xtras/. (See the PM from Ned if you're running Win 7, or the PM from me if you're still running XP)

Once you get patched up to 1.05, and the no-cd patch, make sure it works right. If you get the message about needing the cd, just click ignore or continue (I think that's what it says) several times. Don't click Cancel! It should eventually work, but - you have to make sure you don't have a cd in the tray. It doesn't even have to be the RT3 cd. Any cd in the tray will cause RT3 to ask for the cd. If you had a cd in the tray and removed it, RT3 might again ask for the right cd. Again just click ignore several times and it should eventually fire up, or you could just reboot the computer, That will clear the cd in the tray from memory.

Now, once 1.05 works properly, with the no-cd patch, go to the thread above for multiple installs and get set up for 1.06. If you got the 1.06 patch from here (although I don't know where else you could get it), you shouldn't have any problems installing it. Just follow the instructions (you did read the 5 page pdf, right?). Here's an excerpt from that pdf:
Click on image to view full size
Click on image to view full size
There really shouldn't be any issues installing the 1.06 if you follow the instructions in the pdf. It might also help to make sure you're running RT3 with Administration Rights, if you're running Win 7.

Edit 1: Of course, maybe my whole post is completely irrelevant after Ned's post.
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

Nooooo....Hawk....I don't ever want to make you irelevant...ever! !hairpull!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Depending on what OS Porter's running, my post may very well be irrelevant, although I'm still needed a little around here. :mrgreen:
Hawk
EPH
Dispatcher

Sorry Hawk - Win 7 (which I love, mostly). I'm in customer support, I should be better at following directions than this.

Just got back after a long day in New Orleans and fired up the No-CD version (my other version was purchased with CDs). Last night it was v1.05. Tonight it is v1.06.

So I'm going to go have a long, tall iced Venetian Creme and soak my head. I'll look at this rascal again in the morning.
Akarin
Watchman

Sorry to revive an ancient topic, but is it possible to use the patch if I have already upgraded to 1.06? I've had 1.06 for a while now, but switched computers and would rather not have to use the CD. I have a ton of extra content specific to 1.06 so I'm not sure if I can roll back without messing something up.
RulerofRails
CEO

Yes you can do that.

- Backup your current 1.06 exe first.
- Put the NoCD one in your game folder.
- Now run setup06.exe.
- When you get to the list of components to install. Untick all but the top one. This is the important part in order not to corrupt your custom stuff!
- Make sure you have the right destination* then hit run

* I actually have setup06.exe in all my 1.06 game folders just to have it handy.
Akarin
Watchman

RulerofRails wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:56 pm Yes you can do that.

- Backup your current 1.06 exe first.
- Put the NoCD one in your game folder.
- Now run setup06.exe.
- When you get to the list of components to install. Untick all but the top one. This is the important part in order not to corrupt your custom stuff!
- Make sure you have the right destination* then hit run

* I actually have setup06.exe in all my 1.06 game folders just to have it handy.
Oh nevermind, I found what you were referring to. I got it working fine. Thanks for the help.