1.06 won't work

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
cheneymax
Hobo

1.06 won't work Unread post

I know that there are a lot of these posts and I apologize. I have searcher the forum but there is no others like mine.
So after finding out about the patches about 2 hrs ago, I installed them. I had version 1.00 (base game). I installed 1.05 and then C2C. After opening the 1.06 .zip file, it installed fine. When I open the game I go to single player then New Sandbox and check "allow locomotives from any time period." Frozen at noon and at totally clear. Map is Chicago to NY. Year is 1930. I hit play and it stops at the first part that it loads (building databases). When I hit (ctrl + alt + del) there is a message on the desktop that says "Program Error - Pack element < CarSideView_3.imb > not found." I hit ok and it crashes to desktop.

Do I need to install 1.04 first? I am running XP.

Any Ideas? **!!!**
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: 1.06 won't work Unread post

CTC isn't installed right. Install it again, but the order is C to C, 1.05, 1.06
cheneymax
Hobo

k. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try it and get back to ya.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Also have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2363 It's all about multiple installs of RT3.
1.05 maps may not play as intended in a 1.06 install, and 1.06 maps won't show up in the map selection list of 1.05.

Most fokls here prefer the multiple install option, plus it will help if you want to install TM.
Hawk
cheneymax
Hobo

I hate to say it but I installed C2C then 1.05 then 1.06. Still no luck. !hairpull!

Do I just extract the coast to coast zip (brasillien) to my rt 3 folder?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

cheneymax wrote:Do I just extract the coast to coast zip (brasillien) to my rt 3 folder?
(brasillien)? Are you saying you have a Spanish install?
Hawk
cheneymax
Hobo

Ok so I deleted all of my saved games and now it just crashes to desktop without an error message.

Well, now what?

Edit: I still can choose my game options but it's when I hit play that it crashes.
Last edited by cheneymax on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Deleting saved games shouldn't cause the game to crash. It sounds like you may have a botched install.
Hawk
cheneymax
Hobo

and to answer your question hawk, it is the one on the xtras page on this website. At least its the one that I get. :-?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

You said something about brasillien, that's why I asked.
Hawk
cheneymax
Hobo

I know. When I go under Railroad Tycoon 3 Xtra Content, I go to the bottom of the page and hit Coast to Coast Expansion, Brasilien is the name of the zip file that it downloads.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Oops! I think I see the problem now. You didn't get the C to C zip. I have the link wrong on the site.
Let me get that fixed. Hang in there a few minutes.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

OK! I got the link fixed. Go back to the Xtras page and download the C to C zip now. You'll get the right one.

Sorry 'bout that :oops: , but I'm glad you found my error. :salute:

That Brasilien zip you downloaded was a map.

If you downloaded the 1.05 patch from that page also, you didn't get it either. You got another map. I got that link fixed too.

If you downloaded the 1.06 patch from that same page, you're OK. That link was fine.
Hawk
cheneymax
Hobo

That must have been the problem because it is taking much longer to download now. :lol:

We shall see, we shall see.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I don't doubt that. A 2.97 MB file compared to a 119 MB file. ^**lylgh
You're getting the right file this time. (0!!0)
Hawk
cheneymax
Hobo

{,0,} Thyank You Soooooo Much! :-D ::!**! {,0,} You are the best Admin of any forum that I have been a member of. They always tell me that it is probably my problem on my comp so they can't help me. I'll be back on the forum and I'll be lurking. Until my next post. :salute:
dazzharvey
Hobo

I agree, forum is quick to help out, pretty accurate in resolving the problems and also the people here don't condesend their members like some other games forums I have been on, BTW welcome to the clan (0!!0)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

cheneymax wrote:I'll be back on the forum and I'll be lurking. Until my next post. :salute:
Don't be a stranger. Feel free to ask any questions you want, or comment on RT3, or post your reviews or strategy tips on RT3 maps (there's forums set up just for that purpose :mrgreen: ).

Don't forget to spend a hour or so browsing through the archives. I'll bet there's a map or two you haven't played yet. ;-)
Hawk