Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
gifti666
Cat

No Stationbuildings (Hotel, Postoffice) in Kampain Unread post

Attention: Bad English inside!!! {,0,}

Hallo,

i want try to explain you my problem.

short history:
- i had install rt3 1.06 on my system win xp prof.
- then i try a no cd patch 1.05 (it works, but my old savegames are not able to play)
- so i install 1.06 (.msi from the old molse-forum) again
- the game works, my old savegames too, but in the campaign i have no buildings for the station (hotel, postoffice etc.)
- but i have many ports and storage buildings in the build menu
- if i play a scenario, i can build hotels

whats happend? how can i get back the hotel, postoffice ...?

in the building-folder are many files, also hotel and postoffice

gifti
OilCan
Engineer

Re: No Stationbuildings (Hotel, Postoffice) in Kampain Unread post

What is the name of RT3 game that this happens, or is it happening in all the games your try?
gifti666
Cat

What is the name of RT3 game that this happens, or is it happening in all the games your try?
i'm not sure what you mean. The problem exist in all missions off the campaign from rt3.

if i play a single scenario, i can built stationbuildings like hotel.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I think what OilCan means is which campaign scenario are you trying to play that is giving you the problem.
Hawk
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Hawk wrote:I think what OilCan means is which campaign scenario are you trying to play that is giving you the problem.
I think he's saying all campaign scenarios show this problem, but that if he plays a single, stand-alone scenario (outside of the campaign) he can build the buildings in question.
gifti666
Cat

Wolverine@MSU wrote:
Hawk wrote:I think what OilCan means is which campaign scenario are you trying to play that is giving you the problem.
I think he's saying all campaign scenarios show this problem, but that if he plays a single, stand-alone scenario (outside of the campaign) he can build the buildings in question.
yes, that's it!
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

gifti666 wrote:
Wolverine@MSU wrote:I think he's saying all campaign scenarios show this problem, but that if he plays a single, stand-alone scenario (outside of the campaign) he can build the buildings in question.
yes, that's it!
I don't have a "standard" installation (I've got lots of unrelated stuff in, and have removed a lot of scenarios from, the Maps folder). Could someone who does have a standard install open a Campaign and see whether the buildings are available to build. My 1.05 installation won't start a campaign as it crashes and says it can't load "Spain.gmp"? 1.06 installation loads scenarios, but none of them allow me to build these accessory buildings (Hotel, Post Office, etc.). Do others see the same behavior? It may be that these are disabled in campaign scenarios, but until others "do the experiment", we won't know.
OilCan
Engineer

I checked 4 different campaigns and could build hotels, restaurants, etc. in all of them.

It sounds like something happened when the no-CD installation took place or when 1.06 was reinstalled.

Would installing 1.06 once again, but in a NEW folder (new location) help?
gifti666
Cat

Ok i start a new install at a new system

System:
win 7 64bit

1)i install the game, patched coast-to-coast and then 1.05
--> all things are ok! !*th_up*!

2) i copy this installation in a new folder
--> it works, hotel &Co are in game !*th_up*!

3) i install in the new folder patch 1.06
--> no hotel in campaign !*th_dwn*!

4) uninstall patch 1.06 and go back to 1.05
--> hotels are back! !hairpull!

5) i install a no-cd.exe
--> game works, hotels are in the campaign
Dioptimizer

I figured out the problem:
1. Before you start a new campaign, be sure to get the training, after the map has loaded, go back to the menu, then you can start campaign - and all the buildings will be normal.
--Loaded into memory version ID: E5 25
2. If you load a saved game, all buildings are visible - as they should be seen. However, if we need to continue the next game and load the file for example: After_01.gmc (where to keep our medals), you need to patch your version of the save file in HEX editor: at offset 0x0 change AD 26 to E5 25 (i.e. 1.06 >to> 1.05) - then you can play normal until when it creates a new After_ ## .gmc (with with your new medals)
--Need to keep version ID of original map, Bug patch that all "save files" (also campaign saves) are saved with a new ID: AD 26
sidekikd34
Watchman

Resurrecting an old thread I know, but I had the same problem and a simpler fix than hex-editing. If you just want the original campaign maps available, load them in the editor and uncheck the "campaign scenario" box. Instant cure, no hex editing involved. Of course, if you want to play the campaign as a campaign, you can do it the hard way.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

sidekikd34 wrote:If you just want the original campaign maps available, load them in the editor and uncheck the "campaign scenario" box.
You'll want to resave the map while in the Editor, probably with a modified name, and then start it from the Main Menu as a new scenario.
sidekikd34
Watchman

Ahh, yes. Those steps are also important. !*th_up*!