Cannot run Maps for 1.06 patch

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
tfreyguy
Cat

Cannot run Maps for 1.06 patch Unread post

I successfully updated to the 1.06 patch (or at least it said I did) but when I download any maps that need 1.06 I can't find them. The game is showing version 1.06 in the bottom left corner and I can see downloaded maps that don't need 1.06.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Cannot run Maps for 1.06 patch Unread post

Are you running a newer operating system than XP? If so, did you install the game in the default directory - Program Files (86)?

It sounds like maybe the 1.06 patch didn't fully and/or successfully install. 1.06 maps will not show up in the selection list in 1.05. That's why I say it sounds like the 1.06 patch didn't install properly.
This will happen if you installed the game in the default directory.

Did you install the Coast to Coast Expansion (1.04)?
Did you install the 1.05 patch?

Did you buy the game from Steam?

Did you read the suggestions in this thread about multiple installs?

Did you read any of the threads in the RT III Installation forum pertaining to your particular operating system?

Please give as much information as possible in your reply.
Hawk
tfreyguy
Cat

yes i bought the game from steam but I reinstalled it to c/railroadtycoonIII I pateched it with the windows 7 fix and it worked, I did the c to c patch and the 1.05 patch. each time it worked fine. I downloaded and installed the 1.06 patch and it said it was successfully installed, and it shows in the corner 1.06. I do have to load from the ConfigUtil.exe If i load from the rt3.exe it says wrong disc
Hawk
The Big Dawg

If you get the wrong disc and 1.06 maps don't show up in the selection list, then the 1.06 patch didn't fully install.
Uninstall it from the add/remove utility, then reinstall it. See if that helps.

Also. sometimes with the wrong disc error you can reboot the computer and that will clear up.
Hawk