CTD on making Express Only consist

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
Just Crazy Jim
Dispatcher

CTD on making Express Only consist Unread post

I started "The Cheshire" by Lama in medium to get a feel for it, starting in 1930 for the "full Great Depression experience". However on 5 different attempts, the game CTDs when I try to make a train with a consist solely of express. I was using 1.06 with no additional mods in place and this was the first time I've had this bug happen in any version of RT3. In fact, it's the first bug I've ever encountered in 1.06.

I dropped back and tried starting the map with earlier and later years, still CTDs when setting up an express only consist. I then switched out to try in my 1.05 modded to death and my 1.05 Vanilla installs to try the map. No CTD.

So, concisely stated: In 1.05 with a bajillion mods, it doesn't CTD when setting up an initial consist as express only or changing a consist to express only. Same for 1.05 Vanilla. But, in 1.06 (no additional mods), it consistently does CTD.

I've not had this happen on any other map using 1.06. I scoped the GMP for any glaring weirdness, but found none. So I think (blindly guessing) it has something to do with the events.

Any ideas?
"We have no patience with other people's vanity because it is offensive to our own."
-- François de La Rochefoucauld. Réflexions ou sentences et maximes morales. 1665.
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: CTD on making Express Only consist Unread post

Interesting. I recently played "The Cheshire" in 1.05. My strategy didn't involve using any dedicated express trains. So that's not helpful info. :lol:

Just tried it in 1.06, and I can use the auto consist manager with the "Any Express" setting or individually select them with the custom consist feature. No crashes. Don't know what to suggest seeing this one doesn't have any pre-built or seem to require any custom assets (it was made in 1.05 after all). Probably something simple, but what? :-?
Just Crazy Jim
Dispatcher

Re: CTD on making Express Only consist Unread post

Not sure what is causing it. I've tried re-downloading the map. I even tried reinstalling the 1.06 patch on a clean install of RT3. Still CTDs on a express only consist. Ah, well, I'll just play it in 1.05 :lol:
"We have no patience with other people's vanity because it is offensive to our own."
-- François de La Rochefoucauld. Réflexions ou sentences et maximes morales. 1665.