Thank you Milo

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
wsherrick
Engineer

Thank you Milo Unread post

I just downloaded the final version, I have yet to try it out. Thank you Milo and everyone else who worked so hard on this. I know it was a major headache and a massive undertaking, so my hat is off to you for a job well done. !$th_u$!
Gwizz
CEO

Unread post

!$th_u$!

Just downloaded the patch.
bombardiere
Dispatcher

Unread post

Hello Milo

Huge Thanks for your great work. So you managed to squeeze buildings in. 8) Using Warehouses as base was stroke of genius. That had made my fingers to inch to make proper new buildings. I will not say that I will definitely do new buildings, but I might do one or two.

There is a lot to learn with new cargo chains, but icons look really good. By the way, did you use all available cargo slots? I got an idea for a Food mod, so that those Bakeries could actually produce something, and there would be another use for Produce than Alcohol.
WPandP
Engineer

Unread post

Food is one of those almost-completed features that the game shipped without enabling; there are icons in there already, it wouldn't be hard to resurrect it. I like the idea of adding it as a cargo, except that I don't think it is all that realistic in game terms. A food product would not make so many legs of its journey by rail, and we already have Milk --> Cheese --> (consumption), which has a perishable product carried twice by rail. Still, with Food as a cargo, one could create buildings like a Cold Storage Warehouse which would collect in all the various types of foodstuffs (meat, cheese, produce, milk, etc.) and convert them into generic food. Food could be given the highest possible decay rate, such that it isn't really profitable to haul unless you can give it the speediest priority.

As far as available slots goes, my understanding is that they are pretty much taken up, but what can be done is to offer "skins" for cargoes, that essentially reuse one of the unused cargoes and call it something else. I'm not sure how this works, I haven't got any custom cargoes working yet (I haven't downloaded 1.06 patch).
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
pure al
Dispatcher

Unread post

Thank you Milo! Are the new buildings in there? Also do I hear new cargos were added? Milo well done mate :D