Monitor problem solved --- hope this is helpful

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
larrysw
Hobo

Monitor problem solved --- hope this is helpful Unread post

I am the newest member of this forum. I was about to post a plaintive request for help. But voila, I tried one last thing and it worked. I would like to share it with you because it might be helpful.

I just purchased a new Dell computer with Windows XP installed (no Vista for me). I also installed RRT3 from disc 1. But because of an apparent mismatch between my new Graphics Accelerator Card and the monitor, every time I started RRT3 from disc 2 the monitor went blank and I got a message "INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE."

The solution was so simple it seems trivial. Namely, I downloaded and installed the version 1.05 patch. Then the monitor worked. I will not go through everything I tried other than to say it took hours and hours of fruitless effort.

I am an RT3 fanatic --- including building my own scenarios using the editor --- and have just discovered this forum. I look forward to being a part of this group ... Larry :
wsherrick
Engineer

Re: Monitor problem solved --- hope this is helpful Unread post

Welcome to our little family. Feel free to contribute as much as you like.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

(*!!wel to the forums Larry. :salute:

You should have downloaded and installed the Coast to Coast Expansion before the 1.05 patch. You'll need it for a lot of the scenarios and it upgrades the game to 1.04. The install the 1.05 patch. ;-)
Hawk
Gwizz
CEO

Welcome to our group.
WPandP
Engineer

Larry-

Congratulations!

I refer to your purchase of a NEW DELL computer... without any Vista contamination on it! Bravo.
:salute:

Oh, and welcome to the forum! Hopefully you'll share some of your maps with us. !*th_up*!
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Welcome to the group Larry.

The same thing happened to me when I got a new motherboard with graphics card on board. Must be some incomatibility with new graphics chips and the old RT3 program. Problem went away when I installed C to C and upgraded to 1.05 and 1.06.
Gandar
Brakeman

Welcome Larry, I joined just a few weeks ago and have been having enormous fun ever since. There are new scenarios still being written, with new trains, new buildings and new cargoes. It's almost like these guys decided to write RRT4 themselves instead of waiting for PopTop, but the best part of all, is that these people are accessible and will actually answer questions.
I got up and the world was still here, isn't that wonderful ?
larrysw
Hobo

Thanks for all the kind words of welcome. As recommended, I reinstalled the Coast-to-Coast patch and then reinstalled the v1.05 patch. Everything looks good. On to v1.06.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

!*th_up*!
Hawk