Flaming Express

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
rrt3rookie
Hobo

Flaming Express Unread post

Has anyone else ever had this happen?

A train crashes and is burning. I don't remeber if I elected to replace it or let it die. Anyway, just as the crashed train disappears, a train comes along and picks up the flaming animation. Now I had a flaming express running on the line. It was actually pretty cool. I'm guessing the timing of the broken down train disappearing and the arrival of another train coincided just right at the location coordinates and that it resulted in the moving train picking up the burning locomotive animation.
WPandP
Engineer

Re: Flaming Express Unread post

Man, I wish you had a screenshot of that! Or, even better, a savegame that was just prior to the crash, so we could all download it and watch it for ourselves.

Never seen that happen.
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
OilCan
Engineer

Hope it's not too late, but could you go back to the autosave of the game? I'm not sure this would work because you would have to play it almost identically up to the point of the flaming engine.

Now I've got one more thing to keep a look out for beside artesian service towers - engines passing the flaming torch! This game just gets better! :-D
proudcanadian
Conductor

I've seen this before, but only once. I never noticed how the train caught on fire, but I assumed it was because that train had crashed and the game had somehow interpreted it as a breakdown, and so the train went back to running, but retained the flames and smoke. Either that or I replaced it and the fire moved to the replaced train. The other thing was that it lasted the entire scenario after that. Pretty neat glitch, though, seeing a train speeding down the track with a line of fire trailing behind it. :shock:
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
General_Popeye
Hobo

i have accually had that happen to me if i rember correctly (its been about 2 years since it happened)the train said that it crashed so i made a copy of the route but the ttrain contuned to about the next stop and then it crashed again. and i accually got a pair of screenshots
still moving1.jpg
Attachments
still moving2.jpg
I am General Popeye
Sugus
Engineer

Hey folks - be more patient while playing RT3!

It's an old, really good but also slow game - not at all prepared to users interupting it due to a flamed animation!!!

(Better view: it' a feature - not a bug)
There's no business like RT business ...
rrt3rookie
Hobo

Unfortunatley it happened over a year ago, so I have no saved version of it. Been meaning to post about it since then but never got around to it. Wish I had. It lasted the rest of the scenario. Have not had it happen since.
Itsa Timmy
Hobo

I saw this a while ago on one of the ai's trains. At the time I figured he was testing some super-secret-state-of-the-art rocket propulsion technology. :lol:
FIRE!1.jpg
FIRE!2.jpg
FIRE!3.jpg