RT3 Snaps

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Moggie
Conductor

RT3 Snaps Unread post

A scenic shot from Mecklenburg & Pomerania.
Attachments
Friedland and the surrounding countryside by the river.
Friedland and the surrounding countryside by the river.
Moggie
Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
Trainmaster's own Skimbleshanks :)
Moggie
Conductor

Re: RT3 Snaps Unread post

A graphics glitch.
A bridge over a line so near to the river apparently doesn't work. From the scenario "Louisiana".
A bridge over a line so near to the river apparently doesn't work. From the scenario "Louisiana".
Moggie
Blackhawk
CEO

I've seen a glitch a few time where a building ends up being built on the track, but this was something new for me I saw a few days ago. I was building the track from two directions and when I went to connect the two sections of track, this happened. I decided to reload my game and rebuild, but now that I think about it, I should have tried to run a train over the area to see what would have happened. I might have had a train riding on water.
Attachments
trackglitch.jpg
MisterHinton
Hobo

OUCH! Never seen that before. Although I've never seen track not work if the map builds it, no matter how glitchy (usually when two ends attach at too steep an angle or at bridges ends,- except now that I say that I recall some occassions when the tail on mountain switchbacks wasn't long enough and the train "stuck" until I added a section- I have seen that a few times.
Back on topic: dumb question- how are you guys taking screenshots? My system isn't set up for it, so unless the software comes with it (like Sims3 for example), I have no clue. If RT3 has it, I'm missing it. Mind you, I'm not a big fan of pics per se, but there are times in discussions when a picture is very helpful.
Moggie
Conductor

When you press PrtScr in RT3 (while in full screen mode) it drops a screenshot in <path to your RT3 directory>/screenshots. It stores them in Targa format, and you have to instruct your image viewing/editing software to ignore the alpha channel or the images won't work.

edit: in the description of the bridge image, I should have said "won't render correctly" and not "won't work". The trains ran fine both under the bridge and over it.
Moggie
MisterHinton
Hobo

!$th_u$! Moggie. Very much appreciated.
Wow, nasty bridge- it's nice to know it still works when weird, though.

Edit: geez-louise; I must have hit the button a few times reaching for pause or something- there are already a bunch in there. Thanks again.