Close announcement>
If you need to contact an administrator about account activation (or resurrection)
the email address is: admin @ hawkdawg . com (remove the four blank spaces).
The activation emails should hopefully work now (have changed some settings).

what is the difference between the Pennsylvania maps?

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
BTB
Hobo

what is the difference between the Pennsylvania maps?

Unread post by BTB »

i downloaded the Pennsylvania 1855-1901by Ridge Runner & John T and the Pennsylvania Revisited by Stan (Redband) Hall and the goals are the same, the only difference that i could see in the beginning was the rainbow colors on the map of the 1855-1901 and the revisited maps colors were the way they should be and i was wondering if there was any difference in the game play.

i played the revisited on expert and ran across some issues during the game the first 2 times that really kicked my rear and it was "game over" for me :lol: third shot at it, gold was given and goals completed in 1894 and completed 6 years and 11 months early and didn't seem to be any where near as hard as they make it sound so i was wondering if the 1855-1901 was harder.

as far as enjoyment of playing the scenario give it a 9 easy, a lot of logos and rr names i haven't seen since i was a kid. i pass by conway yards at least 4 times a week since i was born, and it is nothing like it was years ago with the amount of trains being switched and sorted, but it is getting busier and a lot more rail cars there now since the fuel prices have gone up. i miss all the different rail companies names but still see them occasionally in an old train yard at a steel mill or other industry.

time to try trainmaster and relearn the industries, wanted to try a hard map or 2 first before taking tm on.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: what is the difference between the Pennsylvania maps?

Unread post by Hawk »

Those two maps came from the old H&P (Heinken & Pacific Railroad) site.
That's all I know about them.

It could be that one was a re-painting of the other.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: what is the difference between the Pennsylvania maps?

Unread post by Hawk »

Hawk