Multiplayer maps?

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Goemoe
Hobo

Multiplayer maps? Unread post

Hi everybody,

my wife and me loved RT3 in the time it has been released. Now a year or two after that we got hooked again and just start over playing the campaign in easy mode (I heard that!) ;)
Since Molse shut down his site and all my old maps are gone too(new hardware etc.), I have to look for some new multiplayer maps in here, since we both love to play RT3 games in our LAN. We are both germans but english shouldn't be a problem. Are there any good MP maps on your collection Hawk?

Is Lama still around here somewhere? He was a tremendous help on my attempts to build maps those years ago ;) I am pretty sure, some time soon, when I have played half of the campaign I can't stop myself from trying to build something again. :mrgreen:

Are there enough german veterans around here to create it in german, or should I adapt, trying to use english from the start?

Thanks for maintaining the site, Hawk!

Goemoe
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Multiplayer maps? Unread post

As a matter of fact, I just heard from Lars (Lama) yesterday. He's still around and kicking, but it might be a while before he stops by the forum.
He says he's a bit wrapped up in some game called Magna Mundi, but he also said he's got some RT3 maps he's trying to get finished up. The he'll be adding them to the archives here and he might even start posting again. :-D

As for Multi-Player, I can't help you there. I have never played Multi-Player so I never paid any attention to what maps are Multi-Playable.

I'm slowly getting all the German maps from Molse's site added to the archives here. So far I've only got the Africa, Australia, and South American sections updated with German version of maps. I'm working on getting the rest added.
Hawk
Sugus
Engineer

Hi Goemoe

I'm also a German speaking RT3 fan lurking around in this great forum. And, maybe a little bit too late, but based on my map overview utility I can enumerate for you the maps, which have a multiplayer option. Here we go:

Age of steam I (also available in German as "Dampfzeitalter I")
Age of steam II (also available in German as "Dampfzeitalter II")
American Empire (also available in German as "American Empire GER")
Around Cache Valley (also available in German as "Rund um Cache Valley")
Australia by Didgabringabilly (also available in German as "Australien von Didgabringabilly")
Christaller (also available in German as "Christaller GER")
Iron Czar (also available in German as "Eisenzar")
German South-West Africa (also available in German as "Deutsch Süd-West Afrika")
Four Roads to Berlin (also available in German as "Vier Wege nach Berlin")
France 1950 (also available in German as "Frankreich 1950")
Great Northern (also available in German as "Great Northern GER")
Great Republic
Island Time (also available in German as "Island Time GER")
K's United States (also available in German as "K's Vereinigte Staaten")
K's West Coast (also available in German as "K's Westküste")
Louisville and Nashville (also available in German as "Louisville und Nashville")
Mecklenburg and Pommerania (also available in German as "Mecklenburg-Strelitz und Pommern")
Mississippi Industry Wagon Strike (also available in German as "Mississippi Transport-Streik")
New World MP (also available in German as "Neue Welt MP")
Prince of Steel (also available in German as "Der Stahlprinz")
Summer Vacation (also available in German as "Seebäder am Atlantik")
Utah and James Hill (also available in German as "Utah und James Hill")

I simply hope that this would help you ...
... und schöne Grüsse vom Bodensee!
There's no business like RT business ...
Goemoe
Hobo

Hi,

the answer might be a little late, but we still appreciate the list. We are about to reinstall and play again this week. I read the answer only today. Sorry for that. But I am more than happy to find hawkdawg still active and are currently downloading the list. So you have helped us much. Only seven years later than intended !$th_u$!
RulerofRails
CEO

Most of them are already included, but Lama's list of maps he made for multiplayer includes a couple extra ones: http://hawkdawg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37380#p37380
Goemoe
Hobo

Thank you for the link :)
RulerofRails
CEO

Hey, when reinstalling you may want to download dgVoodoo2. http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html

This is the best solution for running the game on modern computers. http://hawkdawg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=42169#p42169

My simplified instructions for setup:

The download site has a couple links to documentation first. Just look for the one called "dgVoodoo v2.55"
When opening the zip you will have some readmes, dgVoodooCpl, and two folders.
Place dgVoodooCpl on your desktop.
Run this.
Under DirectX settings, make sure to set VRAM to 1024MB (this is analogous to the texture fix). Can turn the watermark off too. Can "Force vSync" to stabilize frame rates.

Now go into the MS folder of the zip.
Select D3D8.dll
Place that in your game folder
Run the game
Go to graphics settings and turn off the "Disable Hardware T&L" switch.
Restart the game.
You're done. !*th_up*!

If you got the game from GoG, you need to do an extra step: http://hawkdawg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=43925#p43925.

PS. If you end up playing a lot on a larger screen, custom resolution can be nice. http://hawkdawg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=36597#p36597
Goemoe
Hobo

Wow great, thank you.

Actually, I just bought a version from GoG because I need to get rid of the CD check. It will be interesting if I can get the GoG version running with german language.