Molse is Closing Up Shop!

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Molse is Closing Up Shop! Unread post

Another sad day in RT3 land.

Molse has decided to close up his German web site and forum. From what I understand he's shutting it down on the 11th of this month. :-(
Hawk
arop
Dispatcher

Re: Molse is Closing Up Shop! Unread post

:cry: I pity all German speaking only RRT3 fans :cry:
nedfumpkin
CEO

I would like to propose setting some space aside and inviting our German friends here. We could have a German sub-forum for RT related stuff where the first language would be German, and members would be asked to respect that. Also, have a download area for German language RT stuff.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I'm in the process of downloading all the German translations of maps here that are on his site, plus a few maps that aren't here.
It may take a while to get them added but I'll be working on it as soon as I get them all downloaded.

I'm all for setting up a German section of the forum, if there's a need for it, but Molse said the reason he's shutting down is because the only posts lately are about the weather and such, and not very many of them.
Hawk
El Moichi
Watchman

Hawk wrote:I'm in the process of downloading all the German translations of maps here that are on his site, plus a few maps that aren't here.
There are still some maps left who have been made in German language and never got a translation into English, including some gems from Lama.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

El Moichi wrote:There are still some maps left who have been made in German language and never got a translation into English, including some gems from Lama.
I'm also downloading those.
I have almost all maps from Molse's site that are not on this site. I only have the Other Lands section left.

I still have the DVD from 2007 that has all of the RT2 maps on it, so I don't need to download them. I compared the DVD to Molse's site and the RT2 section hasn't changed since 2007.
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

I am sorry to hear of Molse shutting down. But glad to hear that Hawk is trying to save the material scenario. If put into a separate folder or whatever, I would like to see a link of short for a translation level. Up to a few months ago, I was downloading most all of the maps in Molse web, but finally discontinued, as I was having a problem finding a web to get the German translated. Hence I was inconveniencing some members, to which I want to thank, for trying to help with those translations. But finally discontinue that method, as it was an inconvience to them as a time frame.
Right now there are members how have initiated translating the scenarios into English, and did appear in Molse web. If there were a translation link, German members could also enjoy scenarios which are still in Enlgish.
A welcome aboard to any German members, and maybe we will get more creations from their talents. :salute: !*th_up*! !!clap!!
Sugus
Engineer

Of course, as a German speaking RT3 gamer, May 11, 2011, will not be the greatest day in my life! See above ... !hairpull!

Nevertheless, RT3 (and TM) will stay alive some more years thanks to this great forum! And yes, there are some scenarios being available in German only, e.g.

"Moorexpress" and "Zwischen Weser und Elbe" from the famous Lama (Lars Maischak)
"GKB - Graz-Köflacher Eisenbahn und Bergwerks Gesellschaft" from Frank Ziegler,
"Anfang der Schweiz" (from unknown)
"Haller Willem" und "Danske Statsbaner" from MaddogLB (Martin Korelski)
"Hochrhein", "Korsika" from Kardamom
"Spanien und Portugal", "Schweiz 1950" and "Schweiz 2000" from Sokrates

and - authors agreements supposed - it's my intension to translate these scenarios this summer into (some kind of) English to make them available into Hawks archives.

"German RT3 scenarios are dead! Long live German RT3 scenarios!!!"
There's no business like RT business ...
Sugus
Engineer

In the good old days, when Molse {,0,} supported his SIM-Forum and especially 'www.railroadtycoons.de', I had no problems to immediately get informed about a specific scenario. Due to his efforts, I neglected to keep my own annotations up to date. Now, the "history has changed" and - as a "Saurien" programmer, unfortunately thrown into the post-Molse-era - I decided to develop an "RT3 Maps Management" utility, from within (Sugus, hmm - also) you can:

- first of all, have a quick overview concerning the map you're interested in
- have the possibility to get an "RT3 scenario database" from me (Sugus)
(with annotations in your language and hopefully more or less complete)
- completely specify the scenarios you're interested in
- add, modify or delete your success experience related to a special scenario

Give me, please, some weeks to reach a reasonable beta-state. Thereafter, I'll post a first version of my "RT3 Maps Management" utilitiy (written in Java, so you have to install an actual JRE/JDK) with both some English and German language related scenarios referenced.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

That sounds interesting Toni. (0!!0)
Hawk
Sugus
Engineer

I'm still working on the creation of the "best RT3 related scenario overview utility ever".

Actually, I've completed (93% :-D ) both the dialogs concerning the overall overview and, especially, the scenario details. Next, I'll implement the methods to save and load the informations specifying a scenario. I think, that will be settled at the end of next week. Thereafter, I'll go on to create a "beta-testing-database" (= simply a file with binary data) with some "typical" scenario descriptions leading to a package, which you (hopefully) can install on your PC for beta-testing.

So, be patient to comment: "Sugus, !*th_up*! go on! - or - Sugus, !*th_dwn*! forget it!"

P.S. It's my intension to open a new thread related to this topic ...
Orange46
Dispatcher

I am behind on what's going on here. All I can say is Schade. I thought about using the site a while back, but realized that I forgot too much of my German.

I guess die Deutsche are all playing Euro Board Games, many of which originate in German. I was tempted to buy First Train to Nuremberg (2010), but but decided against it. Martin Wallace also designed Railroad Tycoon, the board game and many sequals.
Attachments
pic818992.jpg
pic818992.jpg (71.75 KiB) Viewed 3082 times
Quality is Job 1.01
Goemoe
Hobo

There is a railroad tycoon boardgame? Did anybody played/reviewed it somewhere? Sounds interesting ;)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Goemoe wrote:There is a railroad tycoon boardgame? Did anybody played/reviewed it somewhere? Sounds interesting ;)
Check this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2722
Hawk
Orange46
Dispatcher

Goemoe - actually, I have found the board game to be as addicting as RT2 and 3. But, the game play for the board game is very different from the PC games.
Quality is Job 1.01