Close announcement>
If you need to contact an administrator about account activation (or resurrection)
the email address is: admin @ hawkdawg . com (remove the four blank spaces).

Crash when saving

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
bonan
Hobo

Crash when saving

Unread post by bonan »

Hi!
I have a problem with the "Borawian Islands" scenario. Everything loads up fine and I can play it, but when I try to save my game, RRT3 crashes do desktop. Same problems with both when I save manually and with autosave. The map worked perfectly on my old computer, but when I installed it again on my new computer the problem occurs. No other maps, default or downloaded, have the issue. I even tried reinstalling RRT3 without any result. !hairpull! !hairpull!

I installed RRT3, Coast to Coast Expansion, 1.05, 1.06 and finally the Vista fix. I'm running Win7 64 bit. Any suggestions? :-?
bonan
Hobo

Re: Crash when saving

Unread post by bonan »

No suggestions? I'm thinking that the map maybe requires some add-on buildings etc, which I don't have installed. :-?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post by Hawk »

Maybe this thread will be of some help.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3008&hilit=Borawian
Hawk
bonan
Hobo

Unread post by bonan »

Ok, I thing I'm on to something. I tried removing all the events in the editor, and now I can save the game again. So without any experience in scenario editing, I believe that there might be something wrong with one of the events.
bonan
Hobo

Unread post by bonan »

Problem solved. ::!**! Removed the event "Locomotives unavailable AI" or something like that. Don't know which effects that might have on the scenario however. :-?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post by Hawk »

Sounds like you might not have one of the locos needed for that scenario.
Arop has a lot of extra locos installed on his computer, but he's not sure which ones are default and which ones are extras anymore. Consequently he can't let folks know what, if any extra locos they need to install.
Unfortunately, this happens with a few of his maps.
Hawk
bonan
Hobo

Unread post by bonan »

That sounds likely, as everything worked on my old installation. I'll download all the extra locomotives when de downloads return. :-)