Downloading RRT3 maps from Archive

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Rimini
Cat

Downloading RRT3 maps from Archive Unread post

Hi,

I'm just new here, and wanted to ask a question.

I'm trying to download some maps for RRT3. Unfortunately the download won't start. The load takes to long and after 5 minutes nothing happens. Can any1 help me out? Unfortunately I do not have the rights to send out PM's, so i try it this way.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Greets from a real RRT3 fan from Holland.

Rimini
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Downloading RRT3 maps from Archive Unread post

Sounds like a bad connection between your computer and the server the site resides on.

Do you get any error messages or anything?

What time of the day are you trying?
Hawk
AT41B
Watchman

Rimini---
I have the same problem when I use my computer, but it is because I am on a dial-up phone line. When I go to a computer that has a high speed connection and also has Firefox, the files downloads in seconds instead of a lot of minutes or hours.
If you have high speed connection try Firefox. As I said, It works for me... :-)
Rimini
Cat

Thnx for the fast answers from y'all..

I leave near Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I guess that is a long distance from the server?
I do not get any error messages. Not that i can see.. it just does not respond when I'm willing to download a file from the Archives.

I'm trying at different times. All day long. It's midnight at this moment. Still not working.

i use a high-speed Internet-connection. 50mb/s download speed, so i think that is not the problem here. I also always use Firefox.

Any more tips i can try? Maybe some1 is willing to put some maps into RapidShare, or sites like that? I was searching for regular, c2c and patch 1-06 maps. I can make a list, if necessary, but i rather use this site, as it looks cool and most important: active ;-)

Thanks in Advance. It is bedtime in Holland, so i hope to speak you tomorrow. Bye bye.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

That's weird. I've not heard of a problem like that before.

Give me a list of what you want and I'll see what I can do to help.
Hawk
Rimini
Cat

I found the solution. Bad incoming connection was the problem. A router reset was the solution.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Great! Glad you found the problem and got it fixed. :mrgreen:
Hawk