microdem for bay area map

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
soccersetter643
Hobo

microdem for bay area map Unread post

Hi, all, I started making a san francisco bay area map using the bmptogmp utility and google's satellite view. I had intended to do the topography by hand, but found that to be... tedious. If anyone with experience using microdem would be willing to pitch in with supplying a topo map of 1024x1024 dimensions, I would be ever grateful. I would even give you credit when I eventually publish this scenario!

I'm attaching an image of the google map that I'm using to this post, feel free to use it to attempt to get the size about right using microdem. I just don't have the skills to create the necessary heightmap.

Here are the two images, but they are sized at 800x800. If you need the full 1024x1024 images, just PM me with an email and I'll send them over. Please, if someone could help with this, that would be great!
OilCan
Engineer

Re: microdem for bay area map Unread post

I'm guessing that you solved this on your own, judging by your post under 'Map Creation'. Is this true?
soccersetter643
Hobo

Yes, indeed :)

This project is going to be put on hold until I finish the Durango & Silverton scenario. My intention was to create a BART regional transit scenario, but I'll get to it when I can.
cheminot
Brakeman

I'll be very intersted in your progress, as I'm getting into microdem (daunting!). :shock:
There's a thread about using google-maps into microdem for making tga files somewhere. Good thread! :-D
why wait until summer?
can you keep me posted?
henri !!jabber!! :salute:
"He who knows that he doesn't know anything, knows a lot"
jewish proverb