Missing Campaign videos.

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Missing Campaign videos. Unread post

So I decided to play through the campaign again and when I got to the Orient Express the intro video didn't load. I figured that I had just accidentally double clicked so I resigned and started it again making sure I only clicked once. Well the video still didn't load so I decided to check the files themselves. It turns out i'm missing some of them and I was wondering two things. First has this ever happened to anyone else before? Second will anyone make a copy of the campaign videos and post them as I do like them a lot?(I'm also missing the Japan Trembles and all the future ones as well.)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Missing Campaign videos. Unread post

Here's a list of all the movies I have in the Data\Movies directory.
Which ones do you need?
movies.jpg
movies.jpg (49.9 KiB) Viewed 6218 times
Hawk
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

I have all of those. I know for a fact that the Orient Express, Japan Trembles and the three future campaign scenarios had intro movies. I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I have the single CD version and not the 2 CD version that the game originally came on.
JFMarvelous
Watchman

movies on play disc #2
movies on play disc #2
RT3 movies on disc.jpg (10.61 KiB) Viewed 6205 times
I have the same ones as Hawk in my RT3 -data-movies folder, and these are on the play disc in a 2 disc set.
I would guess that if you were to add these to the movie folder on the installed game, they would work?
Hawk, could these be added for download? Do you have the 2 disc set?
Last edited by JFMarvelous on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Yes they would. I wonder why they didn't add them to the single disc version?(In fact why are they only on disc two to begin with?)
Blackhawk
CEO

Are those files not on the single disc version? The 2-disc original version came with some mini game on it and I think a demo or two for other games, and I think some may even have the RT3 map editor on it. In addition, the game required the 2nd "play" cd in the computer during the time the game was being played. So the 2 cds were likely an attempt at a simple attempt at some sort of copy/piracy protection. A later single cd release probably omitted these extras.
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Blackhawk wrote:Are those files not on the single disc version? The 2-disc original version came with some mini game on it and I think a demo or two for other games, and I think some may even have the RT3 map editor on it. In addition, the game required the 2nd "play" cd in the computer during the time the game was being played. So the 2 cds were likely an attempt at a simple attempt at some sort of copy/piracy protection. A later single cd release probably omitted these extras.
I know for a fact they aren't on the single disc version as that is the version I own. (I did own the two disc version at one point but I lost it years ago.)
JFMarvelous
Watchman

yes in fact their are 2 demo games, Loco_Commotion and Mall_Tycoon_2 plus the map builder.
My box set also included a beginners guide(35 pages) and a reference guide(67 pages) plus a two sided color poster ( 18x24) of The industry charts and locomotive charts
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

JFMarvelous wrote:yes in fact their are 2 demo games, Loco_Commotion and Mall_Tycoon_2 plus the map builder.
My box set also included a beginners guide(35 pages) and a reference guide(67 pages) plus a two sided color poster ( 18x24) of The industry charts and locomotive charts
I still have the poster on my wall.
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

So is anyone going to post them? I really do want to watch them again.(Plus it would be nice to have the into play when I start the game up again.)
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

Just wait another day, and tomorrow night I will see what I can do. I originally had the one disc version, bought the two disc version thinking mine had broken (when it was just the 1.04 problem). So all you need are those movies?
"Train roll on, on down the line. Take me many miles from my home."
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Altoona+BeachCreek wrote:Just wait another day, and tomorrow night I will see what I can do. I originally had the one disc version, bought the two disc version thinking mine had broken (when it was just the 1.04 problem). So all you need are those movies?
Yep.(I never could figure out why they added that Locomotion game plus the Mall Tycoon demo only lasted 60 minutes.)
Last edited by AdmiralHalsey on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Truefuly, I never got involved with either of them. Was more interested in the RT3 operations. However, I have a couple of other games which were similar, so the reason I didn't get involved with either Locomotion or Mall Tycoon :salute: {,0,}
Stoker
Engineer

There is an issue with the RT3 videos playing with some modern DirectX versions. This may be what you are experiencing.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Stoker wrote:There is an issue with the RT3 videos playing with some modern DirectX versions. This may be what you are experiencing.
I thought so to but then I checked the movie files and as you can read above the ones i'm missing are on the second disc of the two disc version.(Which I used to have but no longer do.)
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Truefuly, I never got involved with either of them. Was more interested in the RT3 operations. However, I have a couple of other games which were similar, so the reason I didn't get involved with either Locomotion or Mall Tycoon :salute: {,0,}
Same here.(The Locomotion game seemed like they rushed it.)
JFMarvelous
Watchman

movies on disc 2
movies on disc 2
RT3 movies on disc.jpg (10.61 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
JFMarvelous wrote:
The attachment RT3 movies on disc.jpg is no longer available
I have the same ones as Hawk in my RT3 -data-movies folder, and these are on the play disc in a 2 disc set.
I would guess that if you were to add these to the movie folder on the installed game, they would work?
Hawk, could these be added for download? Do you have the 2 disc set?

Hawk, could these be added for download? Do you have the 2 disc set
If you don't have these I could upload them to you. (150 mb)
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

I thought I would have them, but I didn't see them either when I went to upload them for you. JFM looks like he knows what to do. Sorry!
"Train roll on, on down the line. Take me many miles from my home."
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Altoona+BeachCreek wrote:I thought I would have them, but I didn't see them either when I went to upload them for you. JFM looks like he knows what to do. Sorry!
It's ok. I can wait a few more days to get the missing files if I have to.
JFMarvelous
Watchman

I was waiting to see if Hawk might have the 2 disc set to copy from before I uploaded them as they are 150 mb total size. Also the intro movie is worth watching if you haven't see it.