Rail Mogul forum for RM crews only??

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Lone Cat
Brakeman

Rail Mogul forum for RM crews only?? Unread post

I've just NOTICED That there is another 'homegrown' Railroad Tycoon 'spiritual successor' game here meow~ named (called Rail Mogul) and it appears that the game will include all favorite features from RT3 and add some new ones (based on the crew experience with both gaming and real railroading). I'm not an RM crew (and posesses no skills neccessary to make the game other than sketching) so I can't add anything into wishlist on that forum nor can discuss anything there can I? (... no 'new post' nor 'reply' button shown up mew!)

Actually RM project did grown out of the lacking of Firaxians to make its next Railroad Tycoon game (And how sorely lacking Sid Meier's Railroads really is! Sid Meier should stick with Civilization franchise and don't even think to mess with the railfans again EVER! the only thing railfans allow him to do is a tech and tile improvements with the same name) and it's very exciting!!!! so exciting to see how RT3 can be optimized and what will be added into RT3 'favorite' features (so keep 'auto consists management' features okay??) there should be new features to be added such as...
1. Longer trains. mutiple unit locomotive operations of different types (and logics that favors Dieselizations in 50s )
2. Self propelled passenger railcars
3. Multiple parralleling tracks (Think of PRR 'four tracks on its main lines in its golden age)
4. R&D Divisions... where player unlocks new locomotives (And may design ones) and other upgrades like Superheater for steam locomotives
5. Fuel prices fluctuations

Lists can go on and on and on! but it's better with a room for outsiders to discuss or add their wishlists meow~
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Rail Mogul forum for RM crews only?? Unread post

I've moved this to the RT III General Discussion forum since it's not really a forum problem. New posts in the Rail Mogul area have been disabled since a Rail Mogul has fallen by the wayside due to Milo's busy private life.
I left the Rail Mogul area open to viewing so folks could read through it for information about what was being done and how, etc.

TrainMaster spawned from the Rail Mogul ideas.
Hawk
Lone Cat
Brakeman

So you're sayin' that Rail Mogul is put -on hold-? or has it been canceled? meow~
From what i've read. the game itself seems to use the new graphic engine and if it reaches the completion, it will be RT3 refined + SMRR graphics. the locomotives in game seems to be the combinaitons of RT2 and RT3 with historical accuracy, where Decapods shown up in the 19th century and Mallet appears before 1930s.
or is the project itself being as complex and laborous as the First Transcontinental Railroad? meow~
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Lone Cat wrote:So you're sayin' that Rail Mogul is put -on hold-? or has it been canceled? meow~
Actually, I'm not saying either one.

milo was basically the main developer of Rail Mogul, but he is no longer active in the community due to real world circumstances.
TrainMaster basically picked up where Rail Mogul left off, although it seems that further development on TrainMaster is on a bit of a hiatus now as well, again - most likely due to real world circumstances taking precedence.
Hawk
canis39
Brakeman

Lone Cat, you...you actually type "meow". Multiple times per post!

Wow.
like fantasy football? check out Goal Line Blitz! http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=28815200'
visit my mini city: http://salt-rock.myminicity.com/