Is there a CHART that tell when items become available?

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Shamough
Conductor

Is there a CHART that tell when items become available? Unread post

Like when does a Suspension Bridge become available?

Hans
Card carrying member of the original RailRoad Flat Earth Society.

If it ain't flat it ain't flat enough!
AT41B
Watchman

Re: Is there a CHART that tell when items become available? Unread post

And how do you select buying a regular steel bridge instead of a suspension bridge?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

According to this post - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2554&p=25101&hilit ... dge#p25101 - suspension bridges become available in 1895.
AT41B wrote:And how do you select buying a regular steel bridge instead of a suspension bridge?
You don't have a choice per say, but sometimes, although rarely, you can build a steel bridge by moving your mouse around while your building track until you get a steel bridge.
I have done this, but as I say, it's not often this will happen. It's hit and miss.
Hawk
AT41B
Watchman

Thanks Hawk..
RulerofRails
CEO

Hawk answered this one correctly. !*th_up*! Just thought I would point out that when you get "Invalid Position Over Water (Suspension Bridges Unavailable)" message when trying to build a bridge before 1895, you should see the following at the bottom of your screen.
Suspension bridges.jpg
Suspension bridges.jpg (12.46 KiB) Viewed 4397 times
Shamough
Conductor

ROR, I completely missed that info alert ... Maybe I'll see it now that I've had a nap. :oops: Nope! It just shows the cost to the coast line ... I'm playing BNA and was trying to cross between Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.
AT41B wrote:And how do you select buying a regular steel bridge instead of a suspension bridge?
When crossing LONG stretches of open water the game SHOULD always use the suspension bridge ... however I too have noticed the change to the bridge type selected in your track laying screen. And I hate to admit it I've used that BUG a few times. !!jabber!!

Hans

Hawk
The Big Dawg

RulerofRails wrote: when trying to build a bridge before 1895, you should see the following at the bottom of your screen.
Shamough wrote:ROR, I completely missed that info alert ...

Hans
^**lylgh I've never seen that either. :oops:
Hawk
RulerofRails
CEO

I believe that you need to have the track-laying cursor actually over the water you are attempting to cross to get the "Invalid Position Over Water (Suspension Bridges Unavailable)" message in the first place. Either way, if you get that message, you should also get the notice I posted.
Shamough
Conductor

RulerofRails wrote:I believe that you need to have the track-laying cursor actually over the water you are attempting to cross to get the "Invalid Position Over Water (Suspension Bridges Unavailable)" message in the first place. Either way, if you get that message, you should also get the notice I posted.
YUPPERS ! Never noticed it before.

Hawk
The Big Dawg

RulerofRails wrote:I believe that you need to have the track-laying cursor actually over the water you are attempting to cross to get the "Invalid Position Over Water (Suspension Bridges Unavailable)" message in the first place. Either way, if you get that message, you should also get the notice I posted.
I just never noticed that message at the bottom of the screen before. I have seen the message you mentioned though. More times than I can count on both my hands and feet, and my wife's too. ^**lylgh
Hawk