How to merge an AI company which invested nothing?

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
crtty
Hobo

How to merge an AI company which invested nothing? Unread post

This happened in the map of Mexico.
Since the gold medal has been achieved,I fixed the registration of this scenario, let me permitted to merge AI companies.One company which owns Houston, Beamount and By*** is a easy target.However,another company did nothing since its establishment:no railroad,no industry,no debt,and its chairman is owning just 50℅ stock of the company.
It seems that I can't get it written off anymore.
Is there an idea that helps me to move it away?
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: How to merge an AI company which invested nothing? Unread post

Yes, if you try to merge at 2x share price he might accept within 3 or 4 tries. Since you are post-medal, it doesn't matter if we reload the map a few times to try to get random things to happen immediately. So, save the game, then attempt the merge. If that fails, reload the save and try again.

A word of warning. On maps like this which don't have the restriction "Disable Starting Multiple Companies", the AI chairman may start another company as soon as the beginning of the next month. Merging at 2x the price just gives him more cash when starting his next company which makes for an even higher initial ownership level. If all cities have been connected (in the territories that the AI have access) there's far less chance he'll restart.

There's a technique called "Shaking the AI". However, even if there are enough shares available in the AI company for you to drive up the price, this isn't a great place to use it since later in the game the AI chairmen seem to become less focused on their net worth (less likely determined to take action in the stock market).
Cash on Wheels
Conductor

Re: How to merge an AI company which invested nothing? Unread post

Post medal? Just SHIFT+E (or whatever brings out the editor in mandarin) then Ctrl +click(again) on his portrait. You now control the rival CEO. Sell the necessary shares then ctrl + click back to you guy's portrait & exit the editor. Buy up 51%+ & merge. To just cripple him raze some track/ sell his industries. you can also "set cash" to negitive millions in cash. That way in a few years his company will be liquidated. Then you can buy his rail assets without any debt.

Or If you have lots of cash, burn down his cities or build a parallel railroad.