Industries Disappear

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
rrt3rookie
Hobo

Industries Disappear Unread post

I set up a war scenario where production of weapons and ammunition increases along with the appropriate supplies (steel (+100%), tires (+50%), chemicals(+50%)) and decreased automobile production
(-50%). I set up events to add steel mills, tire plant, and chemical plants.

After the war, I reduced the production of the war supplies to prewar levels (steel -50%, chemicals -33%, tires -33%) I then set up an event to increase auto production (+300%) and added 2 auto plants.

However, I noticed one of the old auto plants and steel mills I serviced were gone. I'm guessing this has to do with production decreases. Is there a % reduction threshold that triggers this?
EPH
Dispatcher

Unread post

There is a simple rule: unprofitable industries run a risk of closing (disappearing). Very rarely a profitable one will go.

If there is a percentage chance for this I don't know what it is.
The optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." - James Branch Cabell
rrt3rookie
Hobo

Unread post

The steel mill and auto plant were ones that I serviced prewar - delivered raw materials, took away product. The steel mill I kept serviceing at reduced level during the war as I spread the raw materials to another steel plant on a more beneficial route. The auto plant I stopped providing materials to during the war because of reduced auto production.

So one industry that was being provided material at reduced levels and one that had raw material delivery stopped disappeared. I am assuming the auto plant went away during the war but I don't know when because I ignored it. The steel plant went away after the war (I reduced steel production post war). I noticed both of these when I went to change my shipping pattern post war as auto production increased.
Gwizz
CEO

Unread post

Best way to keep an industry around is to buy it or have an AI RR buy it.
Orange46
Dispatcher

Unread post

I always thought that industries closed down at randon, since I saw profitable ones and ones I've been using go away. How do you know that profits enter into the picture?
sbaros
Conductor

Re: Unread post

Gwizz wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:49 pmBest way to keep an industry around is to buy it or have an AI RR buy it.
Actually, that's why I supplied my quasi-sandbox Balkan map with so much cash at startup.
If you have no Marxists in the leadership of your trade union, you have no trade union.
Abolish NATO and the (Na)zionist state !